Will there be surprises in Mitchell's report today?

:up

I'm a little worried, though, based on other things that have come out in the last couple years, that my O's will get hit hard.... I'll have a really hard time stomaching that, on top of all of the losing lately.

I doubt the O's will get hit hard. Gibbons sucks even with the juice, and Palmeiro was done anyway when it all came out. Who would be left?

Here's a preliminary list that may or may not be entirely correct:

is this the list? Is This The List Of Players Mentioned?

nomarnomar.jpg
OK, let's do a little test of the Internets today: In the last hour, we have been forwarded a list of players mentioned in the Mitchell Report by about 25 different people. Is this list substantiated? No. Is it from an MLB official? No. Do we have any reason to believe it's anything but random bunk? No. But it's what's making the rounds today, and we're less than three hours away, and if the list is wrong, we'll know real soon.
But, if you're curious, here's the list of players supposedly mentioned in the report, according to just about every email we've received. It could very likely be one of those Web urban legends that somehow got around, like when everyone thought Scott Baio was dead. It probably is, actually. (We mean, come on: The list has Rich Garces on it.) We'll know soon enough, but, for now, for "fun" ... After the jump.
(UPDATE: A source inside baseball says this list is "not entirely accurate." Emphasis ours.)
(SECOND UPDATE: WNBC apparently has the same list, some names of which have been disputed by baseball. But not all. And less than two hours to go!)
Brady Anderson
Manny Alexander
Rick Ankiel
Jeff Bagwell
Barry Bonds
Aaron Boone
Rafael Bettancourt
Bret Boone
Milton Bradley
David Bell
Dante Bichette
Albert Belle
Paul Byrd
Wil Cordero
Ken Caminiti
Mike Cameron
Ramon Castro
Jose and Ozzie Canseco
Roger Clemens
Paxton Crawford
Wilson Delgado
Lenny Dykstra
Johnny Damon
Carl Everett
Kyle Farnsworth
Ryan Franklin
Troy Glaus
Rich Garces
Jason Grimsley
Troy Glaus
Juan Gonzalez
Eric Gagne
Nomar Garciaparra
Jason Giambi
Jeremy Giambi
Jose Guillen
Jay Gibbons
Juan Gonzalez
Clay Hensley
Jerry Hairston
Felix Heredia, Jr.
Darren Holmes
Wally Joyner
Darryl Kile
Matt Lawton
Raul Mondesi
Mark McGwire
Guillermo Mota
Robert Machado
Damian Moss
Abraham Nunez
Trot Nixon
Jose Offerman
Andy Pettitte
Mark Prior
Neifi Perez
Rafael Palmiero
Albert Pujols
Brian Roberts
Juan Rincon
John Rocker
Pudge Rodriguez
Sammy Sosa
Scott Schoenweiis
David Segui
Alex Sanchez
Gary Sheffield
Miguel Tejada
Julian Tavarez
Fernando Tatis
Mo Vaughn
Jason Varitek
Ismael Valdes
Matt Williams
Kerry Wood.

There are certainly many more names that won't get mentioned. This is just not that big a deal. It is the steroid era, it's a black eye on baseball but let's move on and put a stop to use of PED's. It's a disappointment to have some of our favorite players on the list ( varitek should have used more) but it's not the end of the world.

Its funny. I have yet to hear Barry Bonds name mentioned.

Correction. I do see his name on the list.

That is some list of players. I see some people who at one time or another played for the Reds.

Not a surprise that Griffey Jr wasn't on the list. He has never looked big enough to look like he even lifted weights.

I doubt the O's will get hit hard. Gibbons sucks even with the juice, and Palmeiro was done anyway when it all came out. Who would be left?

There are quite a few names on that list with Baltimore ties... it's just all the Palmeiro, Tejada, Gibbons, etc and the "B12 shot" stuff from a couple years ago.... I don't know, I just have a feeling it's going to be bad for them.

Tejada, Justice and more Yankees players are named here:

SI.com - MLB - Jon Heyman: Tejada, Roberts, Clemens in Mitchell Report - Thursday December 13, 2007 1:14PM

"Former American League MVP Miguel Tejada is mentioned in the Mitchell Report, due to be released by 2 p.m. on Thursday afternoon, SI.com has learned.

Seven-time Cy Young winner Roger Clemens, plus Andy Pettitte, who just re-signed with the Yankees, are in the steroids reports, SI.com has confirmed, as are ex-Yankees Mike Stanton, Chuck Knoblauch and Jason Grimsley.

Orioles second baseman Brian Roberts also is in the report, as is Yankees and Braves postseason hero David Justice."

If I don't see at least one Boston player there, I question this report.:)

brian roberts, sheffield, matt franco, rondell white, R. clement. andy pettite, chuck knockblack, david justice, allen hill, m vaughn danny daingel ,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts