Will there be surprises in Mitchell's report today?

I am surprised that Sosa and McGuire have not being mentioned to be on the list. I guess they do not need to on the list for us to know :D

The report does mention atempts to investigate Sosa and McGwire.in fact there are 46 reference to McGwire.

There are quite a few names on that list with Baltimore ties... it's just all the Palmeiro, Tejada, Gibbons, etc and the "B12 shot" stuff from a couple years ago.... I don't know, I just have a feeling it's going to be bad for them.

I actually think Brian Roberts surprised me the most. I had a lot of respect for him until now. Hopefully the O's can trade him to the Cubs still. :D

For the Red Sox active there is Veritak and Tavarez. Eric Ganage is on the list but it was when he was with the Dogers they even have the shipping label copy in the report plus he left the Sox the other day.

I have heard about Varitek and Damon were mentioned but I cannot find their names on it.

I read tthat Varitek is NOT mentioned and neither si Taverez. In tavarez's case he may have been anmed in draft.

Last edited:
This report is such a pile of crap. If you're not going to have an all-inclusive report, then why even release it. Much if not most of the information comes from Mets and Yankees personnel. This is the best that they could come up with? This report is a collusive piece of crap between Mitchell, the government and MLB to address the problem and pull it under the carpet (yeah right ........ said very sarcastically)

david bell is a surprise for me. i've always liked and respected the bell clan starting with gus, then buddy and even david. kinda disappointed but i suppose i shouldn't be shocked.

I actually think Brian Roberts surprised me the most. I had a lot of respect for him until now. Hopefully the O's can trade him to the Cubs still. :D

That one is killing me. I don't have as much connection to these guys as I did to the Ripken/Anderson (yes, that Anderson)/Mussina/Alomar O's, just because they haven't been any good, but Roberts has been my favorite player for a while now. I've always had an affinity for 2nd basemen (always my favorite position to play), and I just like the way he plays the game.

Excuse me while I go home and rethink my outlook on life - or at least baseball.

EDIT: well, this makes me feel only a very small bit better. The part of the report that talks about Roberts:

Roberts and Larry Bigbie were both rookies in 2001. According to Bigbie, both he and Roberts lived in Segui's house in the Baltimore area during the latter part of that season. When Bigbie and Segui used steroids in the house, Roberts did not participate.

According to Bigbie, however, in 2004 Roberts admitted to him that he had injected himself once or twice with steroids in 2003. Until this admission, Bigbie had never suspected Roberts of using steroids

From the Baltimore Sun

Yeah, but he's still an idiot! Jim Rome tried to get him to come on his show now that he's been somewhat vindicated, and he refused to come on without being compensated. "My information is valuable." What a moron...

I actually agree with you on something :eek:

Yeah, but he's still an idiot! Jim Rome tried to get him to come on his show now that he's been somewhat vindicated, and he refused to come on without being compensated. "My information is valuable." What a moron...
I don't blame him. He has been right so far and been endlessly persecuted for starting all of this. I hope he gets lots of money. MLB hid this. Congress had to drag them into doing something and still the MLB is dirty. You simply cannot trust Major league baseball to not look the other way.

This report is such a pile of crap. If you're not going to have an all-inclusive report, then why even release it.
Maybe because there is insufficient evidence to name other players. I do not see how that makes the players named any less guilty. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Maybe because there is insufficient evidence to name other players. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reminds me of that Futurama episode. Where they go watch the future equivalent of baseball and the Doc says something like "yeah that was before steroids became mandatory in xxxx year. ":p

I don't blame him. He has been right so far and been endlessly persecuted for starting all of this. I hope he gets lots of money. MLB hid this. Congress had to drag them into doing something and still the MLB is dirty. You simply cannot trust Major league baseball to not look the other way.

Agreed! :up

I would agree with you except that I think that he wrote the book for th money and not because of any interest in revealing the truth. That is why he refused invitations from rome an others. $. I disagree with the earlier poster about him beinga moron. He may be a jerk though.

MLB is no more credibe than the WWF now.

The WWE has redibility isssues that have nothing to do with steroids. Baseball isa little better off in those areas. But this is a sad day for the sport. IT actually does appear that steroid use is down but they need to do more.

I would agree with you except that I think that he wrote the book for th money and not because of any interest in revealing the truth. That is why he refused invitations from rome an others. $. I disagree with the earlier poster about him beinga moron. He may be a jerk though.
Since when is it wrong to make money on your work? Gimmie a break :rolleyes:

I agree that it doesn't make the named players less guilty. But, it does let other players off the hook because of a completely inadequate effort on the part of Mitchell. Mitchell charged $55,000,000.00 for this report. That's right, 55 million dollars!!!!! And for this ridiculous amount of money, he relies primarily on 2 informants. Sorry, but I still believe this was a collusive effort meant to hopefully put the steroid era on the back burner and baseball back on the straight and narrow. It was a Bullsh!t report, and not because of the people named, but because it was a narrowly designed document meant to appease the gullible public. Sorry George and Bud, but this guy ain't buying into your farce. :down

Maybe because there is insufficient evidence to name other players. I do not see how that makes the players named any less guilty. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Since when is it wrong to make money on your work? Gimmie a break :rolleyes:

there is nothing wrong with making money on your work and I never said there was. I just said that the word jerk is more descriptive of someone who did what he did for money than the word moron.:)

:up:up:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts