Will This HR21 Work for Me??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Have a newer Directv HD receiver and the multi dish. Wanna get the HD DVR.

How about thiis:

BLACK DIRECTV PLUS HD DVR HR21-700 BRAND NEW IN BOX - (eBay item 220187749092 end time Jan-01-08 22:30:08 PST)

As I already have the $9.99 HD access fee and my existing HD receiver is $4.99/month lease, will I have to pay any extra $$ to set up or use the HR21??? No two year commitment is there? Thanks

Yes, you will have a two year commitment as all newer receivers are leased. As a matter of fact, if you look at the bottom of the item description they state that it is a leased receiver.

As to the rest of your questions, yes it will work and will not cost you anything extra in setup or receiver fees (unless you need a new access card for it). It can be swapped out with your R-15 without a problem, and will not require a technician to come out and set it up.

One thing to remind you of is that the HR21 does not have an OTA tuner. If you don't use OTA for your locals, then this won't be an isssue. If you do use OTA for locals, you may want to look into the HR20.

Have a newer Directv HD receiver and the multi dish. Wanna get the HD DVR.

How about thiis:

BLACK DIRECTV PLUS HD DVR HR21-700 BRAND NEW IN BOX - (eBay item 220187749092 end time Jan-01-08 22:30:08 PST)

As I already have the $9.99 HD access fee and my existing HD receiver is $4.99/month lease, will I have to pay any extra $$ to set up or use the HR21??? No two year commitment is there? Thanks

Yes, you will have a two year commitment as all newer receivers are leased. As a matter of fact, if you look at the bottom of the item description they state that it is a leased receiver.

As to the rest of your questions, yes it will work and will not cost you anything extra in setup or receiver fees (unless you need a new access card for it). It can be swapped out with your R-15 without a problem, and will not require a technician to come out and set it up.

One thing to remind you of is that the HR21 does not have an OTA tuner. If you don't use OTA for your locals, then this won't be an isssue. If you do use OTA for locals, you may want to look into the HR20.

How can you legally sell a "Leased" rec.
It belongs to D*, not the person trying to sell it.
What happens when you call in a D* says that it belongs to so and so , what are you doing with it ?

Do you know for certian that this is new and NEVER been activated ?
If it has, then D* will go after the previous person once you activate it for the cancellation fees or the return of the Leased Box.
I'm surprised that they are getting away with this type of thing.

UNLESS this is a DEALER,if so thats a different story, but you should find out before buy/leasing.

Jimbo

Thanks for all the great info. One more question, I've been with them for 4 years and just upgraded from an older HD receiver to the newer one with the multi dish. I got it with no commitment whatsoever, since I was already on a month-to-month basis. If I go HD DVR, it's two year commitment time no matter what?

Thanks for all the great info. One more question, I've been with them for 4 years and just upgraded from an older HD receiver to the newer one with the multi dish. I got it with no commitment whatsoever, since I was already on a month-to-month basis. If I go HD DVR, it's two year commitment time no matter what?

Unless you're going to spend $700-800 to own the receiver, but why would you want to? My guess is that when you upgraded (especially if done in the last year), you signed a lease agreement for the receivers. The terms of that lease would have been two years, so in reality you would only be extending your current contract by however long it's been since you upgraded.

Just got off the phone and they said I can only do one upgrade every six months. My last HD Tuner upgrade was 2-months ago. So even if I want an HD-DVR right now I have to wait another 4-months! Gawd, they suck.

AND, when I upgraded to the HD Tuner 2-months ago, the CSR told me there would be "no commitment" and now it turns out I'm on a 2-year one. Liars! And, I can't upgrade!

You can always get one at Best Buy, Costco, etc. They just limit the number you can get directly from them. It will still be a lease with a reset of the two-year commitment clock.

Or you can try calling back and see if you can get another one, I did that, they told me I could not get another rec., called back and no problem, but I did have to do the commitment again, which is no problem for me as I enjoy what I've got and don't plan on going anywhere.

Jimbo

I was looking at the online ones.....plus I'd have to buy a Cosco membership.....this is all looking like way too much hassle and money just so I can DVR Jay and Letterman in HD.......

thanks, I stopped as soon as I saw DVR's.......still, I'm probably going to pass as it's only for late night replay....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)