Will YES Network ever come to Dish ?

Are there currently any discussions between Charlie and YES on this ?

Apothecon,

There are no current talks. Both Dish and Steinbrenner have dug their heals in.

The sticking point appears to be "YES", they insist they are carried in the basic package for ALL Dish's Coast to coast subscribers, even though all but those Subs within "YES" regional coverage area would have all Live games blacked out. Dish Offered "YES" carriage as an ala carte add on providing every penny of the ala carte fee to YES. Dish would bear all costs to deliver YES.

Dish is willing to lose money to carry YES, YES refuses to be carried ala carte. If YES is so certain of their appeal to the Tri city and New York state territory why not allow Dish to offer YES Ala carte.

It's highly unlikely you will see YES on Dish in the near term.

John

^That would hold true if Dish were cheaper than Directv for most peoples needs. But that's not the case. It's an excuse that used to hold weight, but now is merely an old broken down see through record playing on repeat :p

Charlie doesn't mind blowing off a channel if he thinks they're making outrageous demands. He's already said that if you want "YES", go to Directv.

I have TurboHD Bronze, plus locals and DVR.

With DirecTV, they have no real equivalent pack, so I'd have to get Choice, plus DVR fee, plus HD access fee, and a lease fee as I have to get 2 receivers to cover my 2 TVs.

That doesn't even count the 2 free years of Cinemax I've been enjoying.

So you are getting far less content and paying far less, I see I see. :p

For most people the prices with equivalent packs are generally the same, so the excuse of paying for others channels really doesn't hold much weight, as I said.

:D I know, I'm just making sure that he knows he is in the vast minority, and most people pay the same or pay more. And I'm tired of hearing that excuse. Maybe I'm just bitter that I have to pay more for less content. ;p

I, for one as a sub in Cleveland don't want to have to pay for YES. I hope Dish keeps it up.

I for one, don't like that fact that I am force fed the Cleveland Indians down my throat, here in Western New York. The only thing common I have to Cleveland is that we both border on Lake Erie. How would you Cleveland Fans like to be force fed Detroit Tigers down your throat?

I for one, don't like that fact that I am force fed the Cleveland Indians down my throat, here in Western New York. The only thing common I have to Cleveland is that we both border on Lake Erie. How would you Cleveland Fans like to be force fed Detroit Tigers down your throat?

Blame major league baseball for that not Dish Network. Each major league baseball team has established "home regions" so major league baseball decided that you are in the Cleveland Indians region.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts