Will you pay a premium for an iPhone 8 (X)?

I suspect that the X will definitely have the camp-out, and most won't be successful given limited quantities.

Best Buy opened at 10, there were five people waiting to get in the store, the guy in front of me was trying to get a watch, I was picking up, the other people in the customer service line seemed to be doing un-related stuff. So yeah, no mad rush.

Let the sales on the 8/8+ be "disappointing". Maybe Verizon will improve their offer for upgrades to it. I plan to upgrade to an 8+ but am not in a hurry.

Reactions: TheForce
It will be funny if people wait for the X past January, they are limited and production is slow.
By the end of January people gonna be talking about Samsung’s next S9 phone and then few months after that the Note 9 and so on...
I am not interested in the X, I am not a fan of the notch and that will literally make the screen thinner since it won’t be able to use the whole screen real estate so the 7+/8+ will have more space to show where the X will have to cut off the side because of the notch. I expect next year Apple to make the top a little taller so the notch doesn’t get in the way of the screen.

Lastly iPhone once again missed the boat with no fast wireless charging, and finally the oled screen they are using on the iPhones is pretty much what Samsung use to use on their s6/s7 models, weak brightness. So colors will not look as good as the Samsung s8 and up models.

Just got my goodies via UPS. Looks like the activation servers are getting slammed. Getting an error trying to get the new iPhone started.

9 times out of 10 UPS delivers around 12-2 here at my house, didn’t get a time window for this one so I worked out in the yard. I guess I was out in the shop when he came by and I missed the driver that came at 10:30!! So I get to wait until Monday. Guess I’ll hang the presigned delivery paper on the door Monday, Incase I’m in the shop again!!

9 times out of 10 UPS delivers around 12-2 here at my house, didn’t get a time window for this one so I worked out in the yard. I guess I was out in the shop when he came by and I missed the driver that came at 10:30!! So I get to wait until Monday. Guess I’ll hang the presigned delivery paper on the door Monday, Incase I’m in the shop again!!
That sucks. I had a note out while I was gone. But am not leaving the house until the dang truck comes.

Half hour ago I heard the sound of a delivery truck.... UPS, of course.

And it arrived. The Fed Ex guy said he's been delivering an incredible amount of them today, and when I said yeah, Fed Ex usually comes around 12:30pm, he said, "exactly!"

Never noticed it online, but interesting that the back of the "gold" iPhone is actually white, and only the side and the apple icon is in gold. Of course, it will be in a case, which is good, since that glass back is slick.

Activation took 2 tries, the second time was almost instant. Having an iPad on iOS 11.0 made the set up incredibly easy. Did not have to enter anything except the iPad's security code. It took it from there and is already restoring from iCloud. Very nice. Slick.

Mine is restoring from iCloud. I do like that the new phone connected to the old phone to start the process.

It’s good to have Touch ID again!

My wife’s phone activated on the first try. Mine too two times.

My wife’s gold color looks so light on the back. Not what we expected.

Reading here it sounds like the home run would be an iPhone 8 with 128GB. The iPhone X may make for a good status symbol (if they offered a better variety of case colors) but it seems far from a industry-leading phone where it counts.

And where exactly does it count? The chips in the 8/8+/X are top notch. Can’t speak to the rest of the X since it’s not out and there are no reviews on the screen, camera, sound quality, face Id, etc.

If the AR features work as well as advertised, they’d be industry leading. Maybe Tango phones do it better, but there are what a few thousand of those total running out in the wild? And the reviews I’ve read of the two Tango phone models weren’t particularly favorable, so I’m not convinced that they’re necessarily better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts