Windows 10 installed

Start10 Brings a Customizable, Classic Start Menu Back to Windows 10
Windows 10: While Microsoft brought back the Start menu in Windows 8.1 and now in Windows 10, it’s still not quite what it used to be. If you’re not enjoying the new look, bring back the Windows 7-style Start menu with Start10.

http://lifehacker.com/start10-brings-the-classic-start-menu-back-to-windows-1-1720920575

I personally like the new Start menu in Windows 10. A good blend of old and new features. No third-party Start buttons for me!

Reactions: Ronnie-
I personally like the new Start menu in Windows 10. A good blend of old and new features. No third-party Start buttons for me!
I agree, I used one with my desktop w8 computers. I do not see the need with 10. Its different still, but I think its well done.

Time to fire up VirtualBox and see if my Windows 7 VM will go forward...

I was still having problems so I went back to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 to download the media creation tool. Unlike what many of the instructions I'm seeing around the Net say about doing the clean install (including the Lifehacker one linked above), I told it that I was upgrading this PC instead of "Create installation media for another PC" (which I tried before and couldn't because I didn't have a large enough flash memory device). From there I was able to select the option to overwrite everything (personal data, apps and settings).

I did it early Wed am on my xps laptop from 8.1 and my son did it on his alienware from 7.
The first thing that happened on the update app was it checked our computers for compatability. It gave us a list of everything it checked. In my case everything was ok and all of my programs work fine including an odd blood glucose program for importing readings. Neither of us had any issues. Neither of us noticed a slowdown of any kind. Make sure you make the 8 changes cnet suggests asap. Especially the update and syncing changes.
My son uses his laptop for some gaming and is waiting to do his desktop gaming rig for the time being.

After the Windows 10 installation was over I noticed mt Norton Ant-Virus icon was missing from my desktop. I've tried three time to reinstall Norton and I keep getting errors and Norton will not install. Anyone else having this issue?

Mine asked me if I wanted to upgrade this morning so I said yes.

For some reason it did not setup my video card properly so only one out of 3 monitors worked.

So I was searching on my laptop for a solution to this when a message appeared on the screen telling me my video card was updated and if I wanted to restart. Now all 3 monitors are working fine. :)

In my device manager I have about 12 "UNKNOWN DEVICE" listed under Multifunction Adapters. I have no idea what those are. So far everything else is working fine, but it feels a little slower than before.

I am also trying to figure out how to use my mic that is on my Logitech Webcam to work with Cortina.

For some reason it did not setup my video card properly so only one out of 3 monitors worked.

So I was searching on my laptop for a solution to this when a message appeared on the screen telling me my video card was updated and if I wanted to restart. Now all 3 monitors are working fine. :)

In my device manager I have about 12 "UNKNOWN DEVICE" listed under Multifunction Adapters. I have no idea what those are. So far everything else is working fine, but it feels a little slower than before.

I am also trying to figure out how to use my mic that is on my Logitech Webcam to work with Cortina.

Do you happen to have an Nvidia GPU? I got a notice this morning that there was a new Nvidia driver update specifically for Windows 10 and DirectX 12 support. I haven't actually upgraded to Windows 10 yet but I do have the new drivers ready to go.

Tapatalk just crashes. Been that way since the very first preview build.

Tapatalk on PC? I didn't even know that existed. Why not just use a web browser when you are on your computer? In fact, I use the browser on my iPad and iPhone instead of Tapatalk now too. The mobile version of the site is pretty good since the switch to XenForo.

After the Windows 10 installation was over I noticed mt Norton Ant-Virus icon was missing from my desktop. I've tried three time to reinstall Norton and I keep getting errors and Norton will not install. Anyone else having this issue?

your better off, norton av is a virus itself, use ms security essentials and either firefox or chrome and your pretty good to go
havent had an issue in over 10 years doing this

Reactions: mechanicman

i would look for new chipset drivers for the mobo

Tapatalk on PC? I didn't even know that existed. Why not just use a web browser when you are on your computer? In fact, I use the browser on my iPad and iPhone instead of Tapatalk now too. The mobile version of the site is pretty good since the switch to XenForo.

Yeah, it was a 'modern' app and originally worked quite well. The newest version not so good. But all versions crashed on W10. I liked and used it until they upgraded it.

Got it installed on my venue 8 pro now, and surprisingly its smoother than on my work Pc. Much better than the div edition I tried.

Venue 8 pro is next up after I finish yardwork. Others were all done and working fine last night. Will have to look at my dad's this weekend and the 2 I have at remote office.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts