Windows Phone's

THe fact of the matter is that a Wp* device might be good especialy for buiness purposes but that stunt just plain turned me off.

I guess I don't understand the motive behind posring anything even remotely favorable about one technology. at first i thought that it was an attempt to promote that technology but I am not sure it is having that effect. I have compared it before to the behavior of certain pro HD DVD posters who really turned many of us off to that format---although all they could never see anything wrong with the practicve and continued itt o the bitter end and beyond.

so this test proves that the 920 has the special hardware needed for fingers with gloves while the gs3 does not? I bet you could do a NFC test of the iphone 5 and the gs3 and the gs3 would win every time, so would the 920...

The real problem is that 920 simply is not available and we don't havea firm date as to when it will be. that trumps toch sensitivity and image stabilization. When these devices are for sale I will consider buying them but until then all this is meaningless to me.

Given the negligible presence of Microsoft in the wireless phone market, who really cares if they offer a branded phone?

To my mind, the only thing it could bring is concern that competitors don't have equivalent access to the underpinnings of the OS and their products must logically be less than optimal. This is why Microsoft doesn't market computers; they would have to be a whole lot more transparent about what's going on in their equipment that makes it better than anyone else's.

To their credit, MS is using the same model as Android, with a large number of manufacturers delivering products for the platform.

Google has also had branded products with their Nexus line.

Should call it the wPhone. I said this before in an older thread. Guess it wasn't catchy or people would have remembered. :)

Sent from my iPad3 using SatelliteGuys app

To their credit, MS is using the same model as Android, with a large number of manufacturers delivering products for the platform.
I daresay that four is not a large number; especially when it only includes one of the significant players in the space (HTC).

Nokia and Samsung are not significant players?

Re: Is Microsoft making its own Windows Phone in 2013? We discuss the options.

Nokia and Samsung are not significant players?

I guess that depends on what "significant" means ;)

Samsung+Apple each have about 28% of the worldwide smartphone market. Nokia is very big on feature phones abroad.

Nobody has a significant presence with Windows Phone yet :D

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I guess that depends on what "significant" means ;)

Samsung+Apple each have about 28% of the worldwide smartphone market. Nokia is very big on feature phones abroad.

Nobody has a significant presence with Windows Phone yet :D

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

No not really. My post was a response to Post #11. In that post HTC was identified as the only "significant player" in the space. I don't know whether he meant Windows phones or mobile phones in genera but either way the two firms I mentioned would seem to qualify as "significant players".

Re: Is Microsoft making its own Windows Phone in 2013? We discuss the options.

Have to give them props for continuing to try but windows phone still isn't cutting it.
I still have not seen a single one on the street or on my desk for configuration. Seems like everyone is getting the galaxy S3 lately.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)