Windows Phone's

M$ = Desperate

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm not sure what market share they can take. Maybe BlackBerry, but I don't know about that. Their new devices look nice but I haven't used one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

MS is still making more money from android licencing fees vs actual windows phone sales.

Yeah I think it will take awhile for them to get more hardware of their own out on the market. I think once they do that it will help them a lot more in the long run.. But they have not done a very good job of getting all of their devices out to all the carriers Sprint is still behind and they should try to get Nokia devices out to everyone.

Funny due to that's how some people do act. :)

Switch to the Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone -- Engadget's Readers Choice

Last edited by a moderator:
I read someplace earlier today that Windows phone had picked up a small bit of marketshare in March with about 5% of sales. Android was down a little. Sorry, I don't have the source link -- I forgot to grab it -- but the article s on phandroid which is actually a crosspost of an article from WinSource.

Android and iOS combined are > 90% marketshare so this duopoly has very little room to grow.

With purchasing volume of smartphones growing each quarter, it is possible to increase unit sales month to month and quarter to quarter while shrinking %. You gotta love math for that kind of mildly counterintuitive possibility.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

I actually think we will see windows phones grow, they are really starting to gather steam IMO, it will be nice to see some big name apps land (instagram, official facebook, vine) and I think they will get them. Also the 928 is looking more and more like my next phone!

I actually think we will see windows phones grow, they are really starting to gather steam IMO, it will be nice to see some big name apps land (instagram, official facebook, vine) and I think they will get them. Also the 928 is looking more and more like my next phone!

Yeah 928 looks like it will be a nice device just wish Nokia was on Sprint. :)

There's always a 7-8% of the buying population that buys whatever isn't hot at the time. I don't think this is a sign that the JATO has fired.

I wish they would get the app support, and gain some market share. I've often said that the os is top knotch. Honestly, from that perspective, IMHO, better than android or ios. It just doesn't have some of the apps, and that's why I swapped back.

I will say I got a chance to play with the z10 yesterday, as I had to swap by Verizon to get a new sim. Very slick os and device. The salesmen said they loved them, and are moving a few, but like many, think they may simply be too late.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)