Windows Phone's

Looks like Windows Phone 8 support will end less than 24 months after its initial launch:

So sayeth The Regeister

Unfortunately for owners, Microsoft doesn't have a track record of upgrading the OS on the phone side -- so it is conceivable that the windows phone you buy today will be left high and dry with quite some time left on the contract.

Before people cry Android...

Every android device I've had received at least one version upgrade from the manufacturer (i.e. Eclair --> Froyo, Froyo --> Gingerbread etc). Most Android devices also have unlockable bootloaders which would allow one to goto a 3rd party solution such as CyanogenMod, various AOSP/AOKP based ROMs, MIUI etc. The locked bootloaders on the windows side will make this difficult at best.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

I have had two windows phones, and the first was a WP7 based device that was upgraded to 7.5 (maybe even 7.8, although I had since sold it if it did).

The second was the 8X, and if I am not mistaken, it recently got a software update as well, which is also rolling out to other WP8 devices.

Even the devices at the end of wp7 cycle got an upgrade to 7.8. Maybe there are other devices that got left out in the cold, but it appears, admittedly at a very brief glance, that Windows devices are getting at the very least, a comparable level of software support that most androids will receive.

I have had two windows phones, and the first was a WP7 based device that was upgraded to 7.5 (maybe even 7.8, although I had since sold it if it did).

The second was the 8X, and if I am not mistaken, it recently got a software update as well, which is also rolling out to other WP8 devices.

Even the devices at the end of wp7 cycle got an upgrade to 7.8. Maybe there are other devices that got left out in the cold, but it appears, admittedly at a very brief glance, that Windows devices are getting at the very least, a comparable level of software support that most androids will receive.

Well they are still new compared to the rest I think there will be a major update I think due out this summer the Blue update is what it's called I think. Anyway I know its due for Win8 and WP8 devices as well. Android has the most devices out there so of course they will be getting more things sent out to them at this time but I think WP will do fine once they are able to get more hardware out there. Plus there still some encryption standards that MS is trying to me by this summer as well on the CDMA side of things which I hope by then Sprint will be getting some new WP8 devices.

Without the sales of the hardware, it just doesn't matter.

And they aren't picking up marketshare beyond their 3-4%.

Without the sales of the hardware, it just doesn't matter.

And they aren't picking up marketshare beyond their 3-4%.

Yeah we will see way to early right now I don't think anyone will no for sure how the numbers will really look until mid part of next year or more. Right now no one really knows what the road map is so it will be interesting too see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts