Windows Phone's

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nokia-Lumia-520-720-Smartphones,20995.html

An unnamed source revealed purported details of the devices to My Nokia Blog. The Lumia 520 will apparently sport a 4-inch Super Sensitive touch screen, a 1 GHz dual-core processor, 512 MB of RAM, 8 GB of storage, a microSD card slot and a front-facing 5-megapixel camera. The smartphone will reportedly run on Windows Phone 8.

The higher-end 720 is said to feature a 4.3-inch screen that utilizes Nokia's ClearBlack display. It's powered by a 1 GHz dual-core chip, 512 MB of RAM, 8 GB of storage, a microSD card slot, a 6-megapixel rear camera and a front-facing 2-megapixel snapper. It'll also have Windows Phone 8 as its platform.

Windows Phone 8 and Outlook

I am coming up on the end of my contract for my work phone. Since it has tweo main functions---calls and reading and sending email I was seriously considering a Windows Phone 8. However I am hearing a lot of anecdotes telling me that the WP 8 platform is not rally all that grat for email.

I supect that there area few WP 8 users here and maybe a few ex users as well. Do you think it plays well with Outlook. I have to say I thought that this was the one area where WP 8 would likely excel.

I have to say I thought that this was the one area where WP 8 would likely excel.
Reasoning that Microsoft can reliably handle e-mail is not a good starting point. If it were easy, Blackberry would have disappeared years ago.

There is something decidedly wrong when an enterprise begs for a dedicated e-mail server and administrator(s) for same. Having said that, it has been almost a month since I got my last winmail.dat file.

Reasoning that Microsoft can reliably handle e-mail is not a good starting point. If it were easy, Blackberry would have disappeared years ago.

There is something decidedly wrong when an enterprise begs for a dedicated e-mail server and administrator(s) for same. Having said that, it has been almost a month since I got my last winmail.dat file.

So you are saying that WP 8 is not so great at this?

So does anyone have experience with a WP 8 phone and email they would like to share?

Nothing besides using basic gmail. Sorry. If it means anything that works fine lol.

Yeah I would put off contact with him. I hope he gets beter though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)