Winegard DS-3101 with which motor?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pacificrim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
West Coast Canada
I am getting back into FTA after a couple years away. I am interested in getting a Winegard 1m DS-3101 but in my searches am not seeing any clear answer to which motor is a good match. I have read Sadoun's DG380 is a good mover, but it is more expensive + shipping to Canada. The SG9120 on ebay look good, but don't know much about them. I used to have a SG2100 that I used with my 33x39" dish but broke it when I tried to get it to move my Fortec 1.2m. Theoretically it should have worked but it was probably a knockoff and was only good in one direction (18 volts) on the big dish. That has made me shy of getting another SG2100, even though I know there is a chance that the real McCoy would probably be of better quality. I still have the Forec 1.2, but would prefer the Wingard 1m since its reputation preceeds it and smaller is better if the windload and weight are less. So, what motor would be good? I am thinking of buying from Calgary Satellite: Canada Satellite | 39" / 100cm / 1m Winegard Round Dish w/ Mount (DS-3101)

Their motors are here: Calgary Satellite | Accessories | Antenna Motors | Moteck SG-2100 | Stab HH90 | Stab HH100 | Stab HH120

If I were to use my Fortec 1.2, which motor would be a good match for it?

I am open to other dealers and have not bought from Calgary before. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kev

I have exacly the same dish and using DG380 motor. This will be a second winter here, and no problem. I got it from Sadoun.

If you go to the different suppliers sites and click on the different motors, check the specs. out for each motor. It will tell you the size and weight of dish the motor will handle.

I've had a 1m Starchoice/Channel Master on a Moteck SG2100 for 1 year with no problems. any winds over 20mph creates a bit of wobble that only affects RTV on 83w. I'd adjust the backlash but I'm too afraid I'd mess it up. I picked the SG2100 because I'm cheap

For the Fortec 1.2 (good dish BTW, but no longer available), you can only use the STAB HH120 (little slow) or the DG380. Nothing else will work as far as my experience with motors we sold in the past.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)