Wiring of DiseqC switch to Coolsat 4000 receiver, two LNBs and motor.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

yardie0

Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
I am new to his FTA stuff. I have a coolsat 4000 pro receiver, 30 inch dish, a digiwave DGHH-990 motor, KU band,DSS LNBs and, 4x1 DiseqC switch. I am confused about two things.

1. How to wire the switch to the motor and two LNBs. The switch will have two wires coming from it(LNB1, LNB2) but the motor only have two connection points, 1 receiver and 1 LNB. Do I have to use something like a splitter here?

2.I need to add the second LNB to the dish (the DSS) but I dont know if it should be to the left or the right of the KU band LNB. Also what distance apart should they be or is the distance apart a trial and error thing?

I have attached a picture of the LNB bracket , LNBs and switch. Plesse help me.

Attachments

• satequip.JPG
    satequip.JPG
    343.1 KB · Views: 293
One cable from receiver to motor, then one cable from the motor to the switch, from there one cable to each LNB. But I would setup your system with just the one KU LNB first. In fact I would not even add the motor to start, its a good idea to find and store your true south satellite first then add the motor. Then when you are SURE its installed OK you can add the switch...........

Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :wave

yardie0 said:
I am new to his FTA stuff. I have a coolsat 4000 pro receiver, 30 inch dish, a digiwave DGHH-990 motor, KU band,DSS LNBs and, 4x1 DiseqC switch. I am confused about two things.

1. How to wire the switch to the motor and two LNBs. The switch will have two wires coming from it(LNB1, LNB2) but the motor only have two connection points, 1 receiver and 1 LNB. Do I have to use something like a splitter here?

2.I need to add the second LNB to the dish (the DSS) but I dont know if it should be to the left or the right of the KU band LNB. Also what distance apart should they be or is the distance apart a trial and error thing?

I have attached a picture of the LNB bracket , LNBs and switch. Plesse help me.

welcome :wave
As Pete noted, run the cable from the receiver to the motor and then from the motor to the switch. This is the easiest way to do it.

As for the DBS LNB, since you are using a motor, you can put it on either side right next to the KU band. Mine is on the left (if you're standing behind the dish). When you want to motor to a DBS satellite, it will be off by about 5 degrees (if you say 110 it goes to 105), so you'll just have to fine tune it using DiseQc 1.2.

Here is how mine was set up. The one closest is the KU and the other is a DBS LNB.

Attachments

• Picture 087.jpg
    Picture 087.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 262
Thanks

PSB said:
One cable from receiver to motor, then one cable from the motor to the switch, from there one cable to each LNB. But I would setup your system with just the one KU LNB first. In fact I would not even add the motor to start, its a good idea to find and store your true south satellite first then add the motor. Then when you are SURE its installed OK you can add the switch...........

Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :wave

Thanks for the advice I'll try it over the week end. I started to install the dish but the space is too small so I'll have to find a different location. see below

Attachments

• DCAO0052.JPG
    DCAO0052.JPG
    333.4 KB · Views: 251
Brackets

Cascade said:
yardie0, where did you get those LNB brackets from?

i got them at AA electronics. A small electronics store in Mississauga, Ontario

Big Task

Iceberg said:
welcome :wave
As Pete noted, run the cable from the receiver to the motor and then from the motor to the switch. This is the easiest way to do it.

As for the DBS LNB, since you are using a motor, you can put it on either side right next to the KU band. Mine is on the left (if you're standing behind the dish). When you want to motor to a DBS satellite, it will be off by about 5 degrees (if you say 110 it goes to 105), so you'll just have to fine tune it using DiseQc 1.2.

Here is how mine was set up. The one closest is the KU and the other is a DBS LNB.

Thanks. This setup looks like it is going to be a huge task. You guys must be really patient

yardie0 said:
Thanks. This setup looks like it is going to be a huge task. You guys must be really patient

eh, patience is a main part of this game...but look on the bright side. You have us to help out. When some of us started in this game, we didnt have the FTA section here...it was General satellite and there wasn't many of us :)

Hi, just want to jump in a min. So you can hook up the coolsat with no motor right. I'm going to upgrade and I have all my sates set, cant I just hook up and go or do I need a motor??

If you're mainly interested in just one satellite you don't need a motor, just plug the dish/LNB into the receiver and go.
Installing a fixed dish makes it easier once you do get a motor, it'll give you a better understanding of how it all works and you'll appreciate the motor a lot more.
Most of us started out with a fixed-dish system and motorized it later.

Cool Thanks but after reading, looks like I'll have to get bigger sates. I only have dtv and dish500. Bites kinda. Thanks for Infor. This site has alot of information for newbies.
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts