wiring ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jasondaub

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
I currently have a HR20-100 installed and bought a hr21 to add to it. The wiring is all set outside from the dish, I just need to run wire from the splitter or whatever it is called coming off of the dish into the 2nd receiver. Does anyone have an exact name of the type of wiring that is needed to do this, and a possible link for the best place to purchase some wiring? Thanks!

I currently have a HR20-100 installed and bought a hr21 to add to it. The wiring is all set outside from the dish, I just need to run wire from the splitter or whatever it is called coming off of the dish into the 2nd receiver. Does anyone have an exact name of the type of wiring that is needed to do this, and a possible link for the best place to purchase some wiring? Thanks!

You will need RG-6 wiring, you can get at the local Home Depot or Lowes or any good hardware store.

This will put you at 4 tuners, I'm guessing you have the 5 lnb dish set up and all 4 LNB connections are already run from the dish to the grounding block.
If so, that leaves 2 open spots on the ground block, connect your new lines there and run them to the new rec. location, connect them to the BBC's (if applicable) or the back of the rec. Sat in locations, should be labeled Sat 1 and Sat 2.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)