without signal on RTV on AMC 9 Ku @ 83 W (RTV, TUFF, PBJ)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
I´m not getting signal on AMC 9 Ku @ 83w (RTV, TUFF, PBJ) I have a dish fixed to that sat and this morning I lost signal.
Is anyone else experiencing the same thing ?
I´d like to know if there is something wrong from the other end, before I climb up to twitch my dish... Thanks

Same here, it started yesterday having low signal and I was beginning to think I had issues with my setup until this thread.

Mine 83W is down, for Tuff TV and RTV... Im getting nothing today...

I thought it was me because I set up a new dish.. whew, so I only spent 5 hours so far trying to fix an no-fixer...

I know I should of joined a forum first!

iBobster , first post yeah ...

I thought it was me because I set up a new dish.. whew, so I only spent 5 hours so far trying to fix an no-fixer...

Welcome aboard,

Thanks for feedback, I guess I´ll wait to see if signal comes back, before I mess with my dish....;)

Last edited:

:welcome to Satelliteguys!!

not coming here in ct either on my 4 ft KU dish, last night the signals were low and was gonna adjust dish today but now zero signal!

Did a blind scan of 83 W and found the live HD broadcast of Met Opera's Tempest, kinda cool! was on from 1-4pm., just ended

Hi guys.. Question for you, for 83W...

Im trying to do a TP scam, or any scan on 83W, I keep getting a screen message, "No memory" and a check mark beside Yes. And, my signal is 99 and my Q is 43... shows above where my S&Q is: 83W 11839 26650 H 5/6... BUT... above that it also shows: Intelsat AM5 [97.0 W].

I have 2 dishes set up, one for 83 and one for 97, right now as I write, I only have cable going direct to my 83...

Can someone explain what its doing, please. I can add pictures i guess if that helps.

photo1.JPGphoto2.JPG

Using a motorized geosat pro 1.2M dish. Signal quality dropped from 73° to 58° on RTV today.

I´m getting other tps on this sat with 75Q, I had no signal on RTV´s tp most of the day and at this hour I´m getting 25 Q and not steady... guess...

Last edited:
Quality in the low 20s since yesterday in NW Indiana. No problems viewing though. Place holders were 95+ so obviously a problem with RTV and no need to go tweaking.

83W is lower than usual here. 87W RTN Cband is also lower..137W is at 71% which is normal for me. My true south is 87W so needless to say I spent an hour messing with the dishes today before I figured it out, it wasn't us...it was them lol..

Im trying to do a TP scam, or any scan on 83W, I keep getting a screen message, "No memory" and a check mark beside Yes. And, my signal is 99 and my Q is 43... shows above where my S&Q is: 83W 11839 26650 H 5/6... BUT... above that it also shows: Intelsat AM5 [97.0 W].

disregard what it shows in the right corner....those satellite ID thing really has never worked here in North America

signal means nothing
quality is what you need

No memory sounds like you are scanning a transponder with no channels on it (like the TP you posted...its data)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)