without signal on RTV on AMC 9 Ku @ 83 W (RTV, TUFF, PBJ)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
70 / 71 Q on the microHD here, too. Might even be stronger, as I haven't re-tweaked the dish after the big windstorm yesterday (and won't be doing that sort of thing until I'm over the flu!) :cool:

Approximately a 2.5dB increase in power since last week here in Northern Califonia. This has brought the transponder well above threshold and locked solid at 65% on a microHD.

The PQ does look much better. Maybe a new encoder?

Did PBLE have Closed Captions before? I don't recall the 83w feed having CC.

Last edited:
I still don't have anything. What should I do now. I'm using sonicview 360P. LNB 10750. Transponder 11735

I have zero signal and zero quality

It all work great before then one day it was gone.

Any suggestion on what I need to try.

Do other transponders come in on that satellite? Example: 11840 / Horizontal / 26666

If so, What is the Signal Level and quality readings on other frequencies?

Fixed or motorized dish?

Dish Size?

And my pet peeve when trying to help... NO location on your profile.... What is your location?

Aldergrove BC. 30 inch dish. Sonicview 360p. No motor.

Had 83 W for many months working fine. Then one day when everyone was having problems I was also. Never made any changes yet to anything because I was hoping it would come back.

I had signal and quality before, but now nothing. And nothing has changed outside as far as moving the dish.

I'm wondering if I need to go there and check, could that be possible?

Do other transponders come in on that satellite? Example: 11840 / Horizontal / 26666

If so, What are the Signal Level and Signal Quality readings on other frequencies?

Well , your going to laugh at me. But here goes anyway. Saturday Feb 10th I went on my roof. Yup, still no 83W. So I hook up my ten dollar signal finder, and it's buzzing so I have power. I see there's a bolt loose on the dish for the horizon, but the other side is tight. As I'm looking down the poll to the ground thats about 15 feet long, I can see its flexed a little, so I grab the top of the poll and gently pull it East, and my signal meter goes crazy. So I adjusted the turn buckles on my poll/shop to remove the bow, and sure enough, I now have 83W. All this happen the same day I installed the two other dishes, and about the same time others had problems getting 83W.

83 is a pia because that bell satellite at 82 kind of washes it out. Im constantly tweaking my dish because of that. I have a motorised dish and thats the only sat that gives me problems even though its true south for me. You have to be spot on for that one especially since you are in the middle of the bell footprint.

Last edited:
I just tried to get 83w Of course I kept seeming to end up on 87w some how, even though the transponders are in properly for 83w. I then looked at the weather map, and I see theres quite a thick line of crap in wisconsin blocking the signal, this is one of the most useless sats during rain or snow.

83w Luken mux is coming in fine on a 90cm in Northern California for at least the past few hours (6pm PST post time). No recordings to check before then.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)