without signal on RTV on AMC 9 Ku @ 83 W (RTV, TUFF, PBJ)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Come on! Blaming the receiver is non sense. I would lose signal when it rained, of course anything that wasn't rtv, tuff, or pbj actually was still working, so no, it's not the receiver!
First when I started out with FTA I used a coolsat and a viewsat a guy gave me and pointed the Turbo HD dish at 97w with an Ws linear LNBF. The coolsat got a lot more channels in than viewsat.

I repeated the experiment with an 500 dish pointed at 97w and the same ws linear LNBF.
The newly bought S10 was the winner, 2nd place coolsat and viewsat was 3rd with just a view channels out of over 200 channels.
Needless to say I trashed the viewsat and coolsat.
Makes me wonder if the microHd is better than all the other receivers I used to get a comparison ?

I have an geosat pro dish on order, when I get the dish I will see what my S10 can get on 83w.
The stationary turboHd dish ( about 18''X14'') would be to small for 83w, but I get over 200 channels on 97w with the S10.

Last edited:
Hope they get the problem fixed soon , I still haven't messed with my dish adjustments , since so many started having the same signal issues the exact time . I've got a dual output lnb on a 33'' dish pointed at 83w , and have noticed the closest tv to the dish (which also has a better quality cable run to it) cuts out a whole lot less than my other , while watching RTV, PBJ & Tuff . For some reason the signal is stronger early morning's . Cut's in & out evening's when I want to watch it more . Good to hear many are not having problems with it tho .

I´m baffled right now I still get a bouncing Q between 36-46. However, no freezing or pixelation at all, a very viewable nice high quality picture. mmm :confused:.
I will have to hope it stays like this now, I can only think something happened on the other end but it is not affecting all the boxes the same.

At this moment, I am receiving PBJ/Tuff/RTV on Ku with SQ 25% to 35%. The signal is watchable with a little bit of tearing in the image. This is still weaker than it traditionally was in past.

Added: The NBC News Ch. (Charlotte, NC) slate is SQ 67~70%.

Last edited:
Just to add after my last report, I watched Lassie and during the show only a few moments of slight pixalation, almost at the end of the show there was like a static noise that I´ve never experienced before, The Q still bouncing now from 26-46%. As compared to the 49-50% that I used to get prior to this thing starting 2 weeks ago.
The other tp still steady with a strong Q 70%

Just to add that after readjusting my lnb yesterday that I'm getting both RTV and Tuff at a signal from 45-55 with Quality having no sign of pixalation using a Prodelin 1.2m dish on both my two Pansat receivers that I have setup for the dish. I'm just wondering if the satellite may have moved since everything appeared to be tight on my dish and I had to rotate the LNB to get back a solid lock back on my FS1 meter. Might get better reading later when it get's warmer and less wind.

This morning 83W was back to normal here 55-63%. I will say that weather here greatly affects the signal. If it rains or is really overcast RTN is the first to go.

problems again, at this time 4:15 PM Central I have a bouncing Q 25-39 with lots of freezing/pixelation, but before about 4 PM even though the Q was still bouncing the picture was very watchable (minor pixelation)....and I haven´t moved or touched anything to my setup and fixed dish.:(

No Lukens for me tonight either, on 83w ku. Luken is like the Soviet made Lada cars, in the 1970's. Poorest quality and falling apart at the seams. A mickey mouse outfit, if I've ever seen one.

I have my Lukens back, at 83w Ku, but the quality strength is only about 35%. It's watchable, eventhough the programming isn't. :)

I have my Lukens back, at 83w Ku, but the quality strength is only about 35%. It's watchable, eventhough the programming isn't. :)

Good for you, for the last 4 days I´ve had a watchable picture until around noon, then the picture starts breaking down and pixelating until next day. :(

It is interesting to me that I can watch RTV right now with no break ups. But when I do a blind scan it does not even find the channels. North tip of VA - clear sky - signal at about 44 - microHD - SL1PLL GeoSatpro LNB

I think that´s bizarre to say the least, right now I checked but still lots of pixelation, I only have a watchable picture until around noon, maybe just a little later but the rest of the afternoon and evening the picture pixelates and breaks up badly, and I see there are other folks experiencing the same thing.

MicroHD with the SatelliteAV PLL lnb, and a 39" dish. Great pic and sound, no tearing or pixilating.

Before I adjusted it slightly, I was down to about 45% from the normal 65- 67% I've had since putting this up months ago. That was only on this satellite, so nothing moved on my end.

is this problem still going on?

i just tuned to 83 looking for tuff and all i can scan in are 2 channels named "STS1" and "-1"

primestar: same setup here:confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)