without signal on RTV on AMC 9 Ku @ 83 W (RTV, TUFF, PBJ)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
is this problem still going on?

i just tuned to 83 looking for tuff and all i can scan in are 2 channels named "STS1" and "-1"

primestar: same setup here:confused:

Not sure if your on the right satellite, but I've been watching Tuff TV on and off this morning with no issue, same with RTV channel. Good solid pictures with no pixilating on either one.

The RTV channels are at threshold today for my home system in Northern California with an optimized 90cm, SL1PLL and microHD.

Constant break-up and unwatchable.

Too bad that regular home viewers in many parts of North America cannot reliably receive these channels with a typical KU-band system. Reminds me of all the problems that we had 4 years ago with receiving this transponder.

I can get it good here in north Georgia, although some nights there can be a little pixelation. Around 63% today with no issues.

Signal is a constant 65-70Q on the microHD at all times here in New Orleans. I've tried nights, mornings, and midday, and its never changed. Apparently, its not a problem at the uplink. There must be something strange going on with the footprint.

Signal is a constant 65-70Q on the microHD at all times here in New Orleans. I've tried nights, mornings, and midday, and its never changed. Apparently, its not a problem at the uplink. There must be something strange going on with the footprint.

Because I still get the other tp´s (NBC slate, weekend feeds, etc) most of them with a strong steady 70Q I don´t think the footprint has changed.

So this morning on 83W KU band Luken chs. coming with solid video, signal quality in mid 40's, if I hop to 84W (a c-band preset sat location) the signal strengthens (55-60)
but the picture breaks up?

Solid 70 quality reading here in New Orleans, just minutes after your post. MicroHD on a 90CM dish. Whatever is causing the issue must not be at the uplink.

I have a bouncing Q 28-44 some pixelation, but it´s about the best picture I´ve had since this thing started, all that I can think of is that whatever happened when this thread started, does not affect all receivers in the same way, from what I´ve read the micro and mini me don´t have problem.
Right now the nbc slate is off, but I´ve kept a solid 70 on that tp and the weekend feeds, and the only problem is on the Luken mux tp.

A few weeks ago I believe Luken changed equipment on there end and I believe maybe some FTA receivers are experiencing problems handling the signal.
My Openbox certainly is!

Recently I set up my 36'' geosat pro dish. When i adjusted the skew I noticed a difference of 5 points or better in quality by turning the skew 1-2 degrees with my S10.

A few weeks ago I believe Luken changed equipment on there end and I believe maybe some FTA receivers are experiencing problems handling the signal.
My Openbox certainly is!

my old coolsat 4000 is showing quality in the low 80's,but coolsat was known for tweaking the quality by around 20% as a marketing ploy.The x2 is showing quality of around 60% with the latest firmware.

There's a significant amount of rain and thick clouds over Chattanooga right now. It is pouring outside. Ku doesn't deal well with rain.

- Trip

Awesome to know that Luken is based in Chattanooga. I had no idea (never took the time to look) :) Didn't know they owned The Nashville Network, either. Ya learn something new everyday here!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)