World Cup cricket 2007

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
aj_jadeja

I am sorry that you are having problems, but I also have the DirecTV CWC package and my picture quality is fine. The graphics are clear and the images are not in any way distorted.

I watched much of the CB Series in Australia and the Pakistan-SA series earlier this year and the picture quality looks exactly the same to me. It is hard to tell from your still images what the problem is. I also can't imagine why Cricket Plus channel (2024) would look fine while the actual match feed looks so bad, unless the channels are on different transponders and there is a problem with the multi-switch (just a guess?).

Or do you have the aspect ratio set incorrectly on either DirecTV or your television set? Perhaps Cricket Plus channel doesn’t offer different aspect ratios but the match feed does.

But seriously, to anyone thinking of buying the CWC package on DirecTV, I have no complaint about my picture quality.

Thx Dave.

Well my Tv doesnt have option of aspect ratio. DTV receiver has option . ITs set to default 4:3.

my guess is u might have HD tv or big screen TV thats why u may not have issue or may be TV is able to adjust the feed.

Aj

Thx Dave.

Well my Tv doesnt have option of aspect ratio. DTV receiver has option . ITs set to default 4:3.

my guess is u might have HD tv or big screen TV thats why u may not have issue or may be TV is able to adjust the feed.

Aj

aj_jadeja,

Actually, I'm watching on a 13" Sanyo TV in my office that is probably about 5-7 years old. I also checked my standard definition 27"Sony in the family room, and the picture looks exactly the same.

hmmm ok .

strange u r not seeing any distortion ! i have pospted all pics on flickr :) clesrly it shows distortion :)

any way i guess i will have to watch entire world cup like this :)

btw i never had issue with ashes , and previosu yrs cricket tkts. its just wcup and ICC trophy 2006 telecast where players look tall , screocard doesnt fit the screen , on replays portion of screen is cut. Example. yesterday Aus/sctolland game when Hussy was runout . i coudlnt watch his bat touching ground on relays ! it was getting cut :(

thx for the reply. I will try and bring some other TV from my frnds house and see :)

aj_jadeja: unless you are posting under a different name on the dbstalk forum, someone else has the same problem....

aj_jadeja: unless you are posting under a different name on the dbstalk forum, someone else has the same problem....

I havent posted on dbs talk. I will register there , find the post and post there with same id.

thx

Hi AJ

Been posting on the other forum. I have the exact same issues as you. Glad you took the time to HOW people what we are talking about (when I called Direct TV's tech support they were clueless).

I guess now that we are in the same boat let's see if we can put the pressure on them to find a solution.

If you have other news or help please post it or email me.

Thanks

ELsolly

Sure ELSolly i will update you as soon as i have any info.

just to let ppl know that DTV is showing highlights of world cup games on cricket plus channel and imp thing to know is that there is black strip on top of screen and bottom of screen (like cinemascope). i guess this is their trick to solve distrotion in highlights :)

Hi AJ,

A few things ..

1) How do you get Cricket Plus (which subscription)

2) Is the picture with Cricket plus better ... ie, is it the same as it should be?

3) I am surprised no one else have called in with this issue .... it's SO annoying (if it does not get fixed I will ask for a refund and go with willow.tv)

Hi AJ,

A few things ..

1) How do you get Cricket Plus (which subscription)

2) Is the picture with Cricket plus better ... ie, is it the same as it should be?

3) I am surprised no one else have called in with this issue .... it's SO annoying (if it does not get fixed I will ask for a refund and go with willow.tv)

I have hindi direct package from DTV thus i get cricket plus. However i have hrd that ppl who bought CWC package they get 1 month free subscription to Hindi direct package. So just try ur luck and go to channel 2024 and u might see cricket , hockey or some other sports.

this is from DTV website

Order DIRECTV® Cricket World Cup service, call 1–888–244–0530 to order 2007 Cricket World Cup package for only $199.99.
Customers who order the 2007 Cricket World Cup between January 1st, 2007 and April 28th, 2007 are eligible to receive one month of HindiDirect™ II at no additional charge

Picuture with cricket plus is OK for CWC highlights , reason DTV is adding black strip from top and bottom thus not streching picutre. loks like cinemascope

Even i m bit surprised and frustated that no one else saw this issue and no one complained to DTV :) But now we r in same boat so lets hope issue is resolved and we can enjoy Wcup.

aj

aj_jadeja,

The black strips at top and bottom of the highlights on Cricket Plus channel really suggest to me that there is a problem with the aspect ratio. Also, the fact that it occurred on the Champions Trophy last fall reinforces this. Perhaps the global ICC feed is set to a default aspect ratio which is of an international standard, to accommodate other countries around the world.

I know this has been suggested before, but have you double-checked your settings for the aspect ratio both on the DirecTV receiver and your TV? Most TVs have a "settings" menu that controls going to either widescreen (16:9) or standard (4:3) aspect ratio, and this was introduced several years ago, before HD.

It sounds like you checked the receiver setting already, but it may be worthwhile to go to your TV manual and see how to verify the aspect ratio there.

I came home and watched the end of the Zimbabwe-Ireland match. It appeared to be a 16:9 telecast compressed into a 4:3 setup, making the people look taller and skinnier. Beyond that, in terms of picture clarity, I have not had problems. If you are having screen refresh issues with the picture freezing or not updating fully, check your signal strength. Getting a good signal on all transponders on the 95W satellite can be a challenge. Also, I have some long cable runs where I do not get all transponders of the 95W signal on the TV's with the longest runs. Channels 2027-2028 are fine right now for me.

I came home and watched the end of the Zimbabwe-Ireland match. It appeared to be a 16:9 telecast compressed into a 4:3 setup, making the people look taller and skinnier. Beyond that, in terms of picture clarity, I have not had problems. If you are having screen refresh issues with the picture freezing or not updating fully, check your signal strength. Getting a good signal on all transponders on the 95W satellite can be a challenge. Also, I have some long cable runs where I do not get all transponders of the 95W signal on the TV's with the longest runs. Channels 2027-2028 are fine right now for me.

ramcm7

Distortion is the only issue ppl are facing. apart from that none.

aj_jadeja,

The black strips at top and bottom of the highlights on Cricket Plus .

It sounds like you checked the receiver setting already, but it may be worthwhile to go to your TV manual and see how to verify the aspect ratio there.

Dave

I chked my TV setttings. Sadly none of TV has that settings option. How ever intresting part is its only happening to Wcup FEED. Rest of cricket channles r fine like cricket plus.

any way looks like a FEED issue and lets hope DTV can fix this.

I'm trying to watch the England v NZ game and all I see are anarexic stick men!!!!!!

I also don't have that option to change the ratio directly from my TV. HOWEVER, I have a great gadget called "Sling Box" which allows me to watch my TV on any computer - anywhere in the world (taking the feed from my DVR box via the net). So I tried watching the game on my brand new state of the art home computer and the SAME PROBLEMS WERE THERE ... meaning this is a problem caused by the satellite feed and not the TV.

The mystery is why is it happening to me and AJ - but as it seems most other are fine??

Guess

Guess most of people are on big screen TV ? thus its already 16:9 (wide screen)format so they dont care :)

so why is it also a problem on my 20" compter. And as another guy said earlier - he has a small 13" tv and another 27" old one which works fine.

It's just so annoying ....arrrrrrrgh:confused:

On a sidenote for CRICKET PLUS channel: It is available as A LA CARTE for 14.99 (check the PDF in International programming page). I recently ordered and able to watch highlights of WC with no picture problems. I do have WS LCD, may be that is why.

On a sidenote for CRICKET PLUS channel: It is available as A LA CARTE for 14.99 (check the PDF in International programming page). I recently ordered and able to watch highlights of WC with no picture problems. I do have WS LCD, may be that is why.

in 'highlights' do u see black stip on top and bottom of screen ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts