WorldSport-HD Events Review...

Chris,

thanks for the confirmation. Yes, the game will be rebroadcast at the end of the month and I will post when it will be. At this point there is no HDTV compatible recorders. Voom's DVR won't be abailable until the summer.

WorldSport-HD Alert: Valencia vs Real Madrid Copa del Rey Qrt Final Second Leg 2/15

Real Madrid vs. Valencia
Copa del Rey Qrt Final Second Leg Played on 1/28/04.

February 15: 9:00AM, 12:00PM, 3:00PM, 9:00PM

The Qrt final second leg that was played on 1/28/04 was shown this morning at 9am but the game shown at 12pm was the Quarter Final First leg that was played on 1/21/04. Both games are for the King's Cup tournament. As you see there is no way to know from VOOM's PG or zap2it what games are these. I wish there was a better way to identify these games. These two matches are very good and were very exciting. Beckham was thrown out in this game! yet Real Madrid was able to win. Let's see what the 3pm o'clock will bring since both Valencia and Real Madrid play tonight at 21:00. Could it be the live again? I hope so...

Great game so far. 84,000 fans in the house. These two teams played very hard against each others and fouls and yellow cards are fyling like crazy. Even Beckham got a yellow card. The game is 0-0 and has been very excited so far.

Yellow Cards so far.

Real Madrid
Jose Maria Guti (33)
Michel Salgado (37)
David Beckham (44)

Valencia:
Carlos Marchena (30)
David Albelda (43)

WorldSport-HD Alert: Valencia vs Barcelona Live on 2/22/04!

I just heard that it will be broadcast live next week. As soon as I find the time, I will let you know. It looks like it is going to be either 3:30PM or 4:00PM EST. The game will start at 21:30 and played at Mestalla.

great game (even though I only saw about the last 15 mins) but the penalty call was bad. It would be nice to know ahead of time what games will be live. I enjoy watching a game I haven't seen before but at least get some from this month?

VewDew said:
great game (even though I only saw about the last 15 mins) but the penalty call was bad. It would be nice to know ahead of time what games will be live. I enjoy watching a game I haven't seen before but at least get some from this month?

I am sure it will be repeated but I rather see live games. This is what I do not get. Why not just post a schedule of the games that will be shown live? Why do we have to rely on zap2it (and many times it does not have the correct information like today) to get this information. Even the VOOM PG does not show if the game is live or repeat or when it was played.

Maybe this is no big deal to some but it is a big deal to a whole lot of people that would rather see these games live, like today. I emailed customersupport@voom.com and ask them for a schedule of upcoming live games and they never responded. If a lot of you ask for the same information, maybe they can give us this information.

It looks like the next game will be next week. See this thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=6883

This problem of not knowing the schedule of games is more apparent now. I just saw the news highlights sport segment on HDNews. They were showing the game that was played on January 21, 2003 which Real Madrid won 3-0 over Valencia. They were reporting that this game was played today! Isn't this a blunder for us that know that the real live game ended in a tie today 1-1.

I know also that three games were shown today.

Played on 1/21/03 Real Madrid vs Valencia Quarter Finals First Leg (Taped)
Played on 1/28/03 Real Madrid vs Valencia Quarter Finals Second Leg (Taped)
(both of these games part of the King's Cup Tournament)

The real live game Real Madrid vs Valencia ended in a draw today... This is what they should report not an old game played on 1/21/03. It comes to show that somebody is not doing a great job in keeping updated what games are played which it's a shame given that these games are very exciting and 84,000 fans showed up today.

I was flipping between the Datona 500 and this match. What a day for sports! Also Arod to the Yankees!! Holy Sh@t!!! I'm too exhausted to watch the NBA Allstar game.( I would if it was in HD:))

-Chris

adtoolco said:
I was flipping between the Datona 500 and this match. What a day for sports! Also Arod to the Yankees!! Holy Sh@t!!! I'm too exhausted to watch the NBA Allstar game.( I would if it was in HD:))

-Chris

I saw the Daytona 500, the Soccer game plus I am watching the NBA game tonight and if I have to rate each PQ, I have to say that the Soccer Game comes on top by a good margin over the NBA All Star Game and the Daytona 500 will be last. I am not saying that the Soccer game was perfect but it showed better PQ overall.

WorldSport-HD Alert: Real Madrid vs Celta de Vigo LIVE 2/29/04?

Here's another game that will be shown on 2/29/04. It is also the first time that Real Madrid will play Celta de Vigo. So it looks like it will be shown LIVE. I still need to look at the time to confirm it. It will be shown on WorldSport-HD at 12:00PM for the first time and then repeated at 2:00PM & 4:00PM. This means that the game will be played at 18:00 hours. I'll let you know when I find out or someone can find the time, please post.

I just hope they don´t put the Spanish announcer with strong accent. He barely speaks spanish. The play-by-play one is also Spanish but pretty cool, though. And the other one is Paul, must be English. That´s the couple I want!!

Soccer announcers in WorldSport

I love the Liga guys, especially now that we have the games live. Sort of weird to have an English and a Spanish, but pretty cool.

Nice Scoreboard... First time I see it this way... Did you guys see what I saw? There was a lady showing her big round breast. Beautiful breasts. Man I want another shot of that!

Attachments

• MVC-902F.JPG
    MVC-902F.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 112
Excellent game. Saw 3 moments of pixellation and 3 dropouts for entire game. PQ was excellent. Next games will be this coming thursday and next weekend. 54,000 fans in the stadium and Valencia now is in quite a predicament after not winning the match against Real Madrid last week. Nice production overall. I like this. Thanks VOOM.

Watching the second leg between Real Madrid and Sevilla this was a game with a lot controversy and a match to be watched. Today was the first time shown in WorldSport-HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts