WorldSports.. Can we get more?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

datz510

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
This is just an idea.. The soccer matches and sailing and whatnot are pretty cool, but to expand on that, what about including other sports such as:

- Cricket
- Rugby
- Automotive Rally Racing (pleaase!!) :)
- other motorsports
- Winter sports (skiing, bobsled, etc)
- Specials on oddball sports around the world

What would everyone think of making this channel a little more diverse? If anything, I'd like to be able to see a little more world automotive sports coverage.. Rally sports are one sport that we dont get to see much of here in the US and would be absolutely spectacular in HD. If they can find the HD coverage, I think this is something that Voom could use to their advantage, as no other satellite service has anything like that.

datz510 said:
This is just an idea.. The soccer matches and sailing and whatnot are pretty cool, but to expand on that, what about including other sports such as:

- Cricket
- Rugby
- Automotive Rally Racing (pleaase!!) :)
- other motorsports
- Winter sports (skiing, bobsled, etc)
- Specials on oddball sports around the world

What would everyone think of making this channel a little more diverse? If anything, I'd like to be able to see a little more world automotive sports coverage.. Rally sports are one sport that we dont get to see much of here in the US and would be absolutely spectacular in HD. If they can find the HD coverage, I think this is something that Voom could use to their advantage, as no other satellite service has anything like that.
Please no cricket, no sailing, no water whatever. Give us sports not weekend leisure activities.

worldsports like every of the exclusive channel just needs more content of ANYTHING. the key is variety variety variety. you can't please everybody but the more variety you have the more people will likely find something of interest. heck I'm sure even if they do some wacky stuff like camel racing or dog sheep herding SOMEBODY will find it interesting.

vurbano said:
lawn games are NOT sports. Neither are dog shows (a hint for espn)
I don't know. When we used to play lawn darts (lawsuit arrows) we got good excercise and many injuries, just like football.

Worldsports has to add the following:

-sports news program (like sportscenter, at least once a day)
-weekly live baseball matches
-weekly live soccer matches (I like what they are doing with the spanish league even though the season is over)
-motorsports (imagine the World Rally Championship or motogp in HD)
-rugby
-winter sports (bobsled,skeleton,skiing,etc)
-marathons,triathlons,cycling,etc
- watersports (hard water is not a bad 1/2-1 hour show)

-In conclusion: a little more VARIETY, that's what we're all asking for.
any other suggestions?

I definitely agree, we need more of..

cricket..I'll even take English county cricket
aussie rules football
English premier league soccer

Almost forgot
formula 1 and rally races

mukaidaf said:
i'm very serious when i say this:

let's see some HD Sumo!

frank

I watched quite a bit of HD Sumo while in Japan ('99-'00). They must have thousands of hours of footage and I'm sure they would be willing to lease some of it to VOOM.

I too would like to see some Sumo HD!!!

Yes to more marathons and track and field coverage.

Anything involving a car is not a sport.

Auto racing is most definitely a sport (I seem to have this arguement all the time with the guys at work) ;) It involves physical stamina, competition, and has an agreed upon means of scoring.. but some people just dont appreciate it..

So, that said, mabye they should put Rally Racing on the Rush channel instead? However they would do it and whereever they would put it, Rally racing would be simply incredible to see in HD and is something Voom should look into.

I posted this in the "So whats next for the 21 exclusives?" Thread. I figure it belongs here too.

(Personally I really enjoy "Point of origin" Rugby. I think it would translate better for americans. Regular rugby is great but americans don't get scrums, mauls, and rucks. At least not yet. A good dose of "Point of Origin" might change all that. Anyway, we need more "Worldsports". )

-Chris

Yep, I'd be happy with a couple hours a week of rally racing coverage. Those guys are quite possibly the most skilled drivers in the world to do what they do..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts