Worst Customer Service Ever - Many Calls Attempted !!! Horrendous !!!

Call and ask for SPANISH customer service.. and the phillipino crap dudes willm transfer you to SPANISH tech which ALL SPEAK ENGLISH.

Spanish techs are located in el paso texas. I know because I used to work there heh.

Not very well paid tho lol

Stargazer

I've had three service calls in the past three months. None of them ultimately solved my problem. So fed up, I got online and did alot of math and figured I could save about 30 to 40 dollars a month with D* even though I have to pony up 316 dollars for 2 hd dvr receivers. Short term (too much money), long term (smart decision) after 12 months, I will still have saved 200.00 so I don't care. I'm over their rude csr's and tech's and crappy service. I was on the line with one tech lady for my first service call, she was super nice and I told her I checked the connections already in the back because I had just vacuumed back there and she proceeded to joke and tell me she wished her kids would do some work around her house and telling me how her daughter doesn't teach them manners and how she's F**king tired of them coming to her house and not respecting her things. I couldn't believe she dropped and F bomb. I said to myself. I hope she's not getting monitored because she was helpful and I didn't want her to get into trouble. But a weird call to say they least. Oh well. I'm only hoping I don't end up regretting the switch.

I loathe thinking about having to call one of these companies csr's. It's just about any company any more, but iv'e been pretty lucky thus far not having to call dish with any problems. Even though now that I say that, iv'e probably cursed myself.:eek:

I've been with E* for about 8 years. I want HD so called about 4 months ago. Got a csr who acted like I was a pain for even calling and heavy sighed every question I asked. She finally snapped "So do you want to sign up?" I waited to beats, said "no" and hung up. REALLY want HD so tried again last month. Got Phillipines, but set things up. Tech came out and said he couldn't go up 2 story house, didn't have tall ladder. He went thru the agony of calling and rescheduling, emphasizing the need for tall ladder. Who showed up? A 400+lb guy with no tall ladder who walked around and said, nope. I made more calls, getting more aggrevated with each, especially that the language barrier makes every more difficult. Supposedly a supervisor was coming out to evaluate location and I would be contacted. That was about a month ago. No surprise that I haven't heard anything. I really think E* is falling apart. If a company loses all customer service, they lose everything...
Stargazer - I feel your pain!
I keep coming to Sat Guys to see what's up and finally made the switch. Just called D*. Set up for Thurs. We'll see what happens when they come. I specified 2 story house & tall ladder.....

Yea Dish has gone down in Customer Service. I believe Dish is for sale and it may become part of the Direct TV Family. Charlie has his new toy and that is EchoStar Tech he no longer cares about Dish Network.
Are you kidding. Ergen had Echostar before Dish Network ever existed. Wake up! Echostar is the parent company!

Are you kidding. Ergen had Echostar before Dish Network ever existed. Wake up! Echostar is the parent company!

You are right, but Echostar as a name did not exit because it morphed into Dishnetwork. I believe about a year ago Charlie broke up Dish Network into two entity one is called Dish and the othe is Echostar Tech which makes the receiver for Dish and any other company that is willing to buy them.

You are right, but Echostar as a name did not exit because it morphed into Dishnetwork. I believe about a year ago Charlie broke up Dish Network into two entity one is called Dish and the othe is Echostar Tech which makes the receiver for Dish and any other company that is willing to buy them.
I apologize then, I may be mistaken. I know that he took over as CEO of Dish.

I apologize then, I may be mistaken. I know that he took over as CEO of Dish.

He didn't take over as CEO of DISH. Originally Echostar was the parent company of the DISH brand. The companies split to seperate tickers on the market as of 1/1/08. Before the split, Charlie named himself and the remaining board of directors using his stock share control of Echostar. He then installed himself and his hand-picked pets as the board of the newly formed Echostar Corporation (SATS).

Currently, he serves as CEO of both, which is amusing considering financially they're two seperate companies. Of course on is sucking the life out of the other, but Chuck wouldn't have it any other way.

If you want to see what's going on in the future of these two companies, follow the spent money. See where Chuckers is putting the dollars. It isn't into DISH...

FWIW I've noticed that the 721 is much more sensitive to LNB drift then the VIP 622 and VIP612. My 721 was also using a separator and was the box the power inserter is hooked up to. 721 ---> separator ---> Power inserter ---> DPP44. For the time being the 721 is unhooked until I run the wire to put it in a different location and has been replaced where it was with a VIP612 which is much more responsive to the remote.

The 721 SD box was having troubles with lost sat locks on different channels and the VIP622 just worked. Checking the LNB drift in the 622 showed a drift of -5 or -6 depending on how hot the day was. Going to -4 at night when the 721 would start working fine. DPP44 switch and 3 locations on two dishes.

D* jumpers how about telling how the D* DVRs compare to the E* DVRs.

BTW I have had good luck with CSRs and any tech visits such as the recent ones where they changed the LNBs for drift.

I loathe thinking about having to call one of these companies csr's. It's just about any company any more, but iv'e been pretty lucky thus far not having to call dish with any problems. Even though now that I say that, iv'e probably cursed myself.:eek:

Customer Service Reps and Service Techs are the Achilles heel of E*. The overseas call centers are an abomination. The Service Techs are definitely better, but I have had them show up without the proper equipment and borrow mine. I have had them no-show, or have to re-schedule due to their error. Some haven't been able to speak English.

You can have the best equipment in the world, but if you aggravate the customers to death in the process - you are training them to hate you. This is a real problem that is costing customers and dollars on the bottom line.

I was going to switch to D* several years ago when the assistant at a local installer's company told me they were just as bad as E*.

I also have Comcast Cable and Broadband and their reps (US based) are excellent.

Is poor service and aggravation just part of the price of Satellite TV?

I also would like to hear if there is a better customer service experience out there, too.

Scotty

Last edited:
Wanted to update you on my D* installation. The Service Tech was AWESOME! Yes, trees are a problem, but he spent time explaining alternatives to me. We ended up with dish in the front yard hidden from the street by a tree. Cabling had to be changed around and we put a receiver in a room that hadn't had anything before. Tech was there for 4 hours! That was the problem with E* techs...they didn't want to spend the time. The picture and sound are fantastic on the HD channels and just fine on the others. We did have an old E*, so those with newer E* equipment might not see a difference. I have to get used to the different remote..the kids have it all figured out already. They DVR things already too. I'm really glad we made the switch.

I was worried about the D* dvr issue when I recently switched to D* from E*based on what I have read, but really, its not an issue at all. Its not bad at all. There are some differences, the 622 is faster but I work around that instead of using the up and down arrow to navigate the guide, I use the page button and it works great! The HR21 has a screen saver, when you pause a couple of min's it goes to screen saver, my 622 did not. I do like the search feature a little better on the HR21. The remote takes 2 batteries, the 622 remote took 4 I'm pretty sure.

One thing I don't like; and it may just be something I'm doing wrong. But my local CBS affiliate broadcasts a 5am to 6 am showing of local news. Then a 6am to 7 am broadcast of local news. With my 622 I was able to record the 6am to 7am showing mon-fri. The HR21 won't let me. I have to chose record series, so it tapes both everyday. No big deal, I just delete the other but still. It is a difference. Overall. The change was super easy. Dish has one up on Direct for having to only have one cable to the dvr. Direct has to have 2, but not for long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)