Worst Sports League?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
I was just thinking. Which major sports league is the worst? Which can you NOT watch if your team is not playing?

I've come to the conclusion that the NBA is it for me. And this pains me a lot to say. I've grown up playing and loving the game in school. But it's just become a terrible product. On any given night, I can watch any random NHL, MLB and NFL game even if my team isn't playing and take great joy in doing so. But the NBA? Forget about it. I have absolutely no interest in watching a random game. Playoff or not. It just doesn't interest me any more.

NBA basketball is, to me, a bad product overall: too many teams, talent too far spread out, too many time-outs, players that seem unrelatable to the working class audience, sloppy one-vs.-five style of play, egos running wild (from the commish to the refs to the players)… if the Cavs aren’t playing, I’m not watching. It's that simple. I've grown tired of the NBA. [/rant]

What about you? Has any league become unwatchable?

You nailed it for me. The NBA stinks, and has for a while. I only get excited for UConn alumni.

I have to go with the NHL. Until the playoffs start, I don't pay too much attention. That being said, the NHL playoffs never disappoint and are something I usually look forward to watching. I totally disagree about the NBA. The NBA playoffs are a highlight of the sporting year for me even when the Cavs stink.

I would agree with the NBA, and the sad thing is that in the 80's when I was growing up it was number one for me

NFL: will watch any game any time....Patriots or no Patriots

NBA: the regular season has become boring to me, and as a result I find myself watching fewer games. The playoffs are a different animal, but admittedly more so if the Celtics are involved

NHL: the biggest difference between regular season and postseason out of the four majors BY FAR (and I'm leaving my obligatory "IMO" out because it's SO TRUE :D). I can watch the Stanley Cup Playoffs....Bruins or no Bruins (but it's sooooo much more fun WITH the B's).

MLB: this is the league that concerns me. I've always been a Red Sox fan first and foremost, but my attention has waned the last few years! Are the armchair shrinks that I laughed at correct? Have I become a little apathetic AFTER the Red Sox won two World Series? I DON'T THINK that's it, but rather an overall product that's heading in the wrong direction.

The NBA (not that I watch basketball to begin with)

On any given night, I can watch any random NHL, MLB and NFL game even if my team isn't playing and take great joy in doing so
ditto

NFL: will watch any game any time....Patriots or no Patriots

NBA: the regular season has become boring to me, and as a result I find myself watching fewer games. The playoffs are a different animal, but admittedly more so if the Celtics are involved

NHL: the biggest difference between regular season and postseason out of the four majors BY FAR (and I'm leaving my obligatory "IMO" out because it's SO TRUE :D). I can watch the Stanley Cup Playoffs....Bruins or no Bruins (but it's sooooo much more fun WITH the B's).

MLB: this is the league that concerns me. I've always been a Red Sox fan first and foremost, but my attention has waned the last few years! Are the armchair shrinks that I laughed at correct? Have I become a little apathetic AFTER the Red Sox won two World Series? I DON'T THINK that's it, but rather an overall product that's heading in the wrong direction.

Seeing the light, my friend?;)

Seeing the light, my friend?;)

LOL!!:p

My argument was always a "perfect storm" scenario.

Scenario: The Red Sox, Pats, B's and C's are ALL champions/championship contenders consistently. MY opinion of the pecking order:
1. Red Sox
2. Bruins
3. Patriots
4. Celtics

This is a hockey area ready to BURST at the seams if the Bruins go all the way, and whether we agree with it or not, the masses make this a Red Sox area all the way.

The NBA for sure. It's boring. Didn't watch Hockey for years. I'm starting to get back into Hockey again thanks to the Bruins. I grew up in Boston and watching them play without helmets made the game better I thought.. Baseball has me worried because the younger generation is not liking it as much as we did.

The NBA for sure. It's boring. Didn't watch Hockey for years. I'm starting to get back into Hockey again thanks to the Bruins. I grew up in Boston and watching them play without helmets made the game better I thought.. Baseball has me worried because the younger generation is not liking it as much as we did.

Because, of course, Roger McDowell does not want kids at baseball games. Or gays for that matter. :rolleyes:

Sandra

NBA: Watch the Lakers and the Lakers only, and that is mostly in the playoffs because so many teams get in.
NHL: Tied with the NBA because I usually only watch the playoffs.

NFL: Watch just about any game being played.
MLB: I will watch any game for baseball, whether it is MLB or little league and all in between.

Worse league....all of them. I just do not watch too much sport on TV in general except my Raiders..and that is ONLY because the NFL has few games and it takes about a week to get over a loss or come down from a win. I would much rather watch live than on TV. Baseball, rarely, the same for NBA and the NHL. Fact is, I rarely watch any regular season games.

Personally, we as sports fans have been over saturated with games. There was a time when you only saw games once a week...on weekends and that's it. NOW, forget it...you can even go to certain websites now and watch any game for any sport online...FOR FREE. Less games makes you hungry for more.

But maybe it's me.

JEESH you guys are depressing me!!!

Let's flip the switch...here is what I LOVE about the sports.

Baseball first - a timeless sport played in some cases in cathedrals that date back generations, ...the gloriousness of walking out into a stadium and seeing all that amazing green grass...Yankees/Red Sox in a pennant race - or in the playoffs...'Enter Sandman' starts playing, the outfield wall opens, and number 42 starts jogging toward the mound to an ovation that makes it seem like the stadium is shaking...Big Papi at the plate, two men on, two men out, trailing by a run late in the game...Roy Halladay pitching another gem...the classic interlocking NY...knowing that your father's father's father enjoyed the same sport...old footage of Pete Rose and Roberto Clemente, Nolan Ryan and Bob Gibson...Ted Williams hitting .400...being able to watch each and every game that is on TV...reading old box scores...looking in the paper and seeing Lincecum vs. Lee...the Giants win the pennant!...reading about what the major leagues were like in the 1800's...Kirk Gibson's home run...the late, great, Strike Zone Channel...the insanity that will happen if Ethier gets anywhere near Dimaggio...holding hands with your dad walking into the stadium, especially when he's not here anymore...

More sports to come...

Sandra

One of the things about baseball is how long the games are now. Have they ever been this long? Look at how many hours you watch games for just one team . Yikes. It needs to to be a 3 hour game . Speed it up MLB

My wife is a very casual fan . She only wants me to call her into the room if the following happens.

NBA. Fight or drunk fan goes into the court

NASCAR. Crash or fight

MLB. Fight or fan runs on the field

Hockey . Fight

Soccer. Fight

Football. Football player loses part of his uniform or fight.

Football - tailgating in the parking lot...Montana to Rice - to the end zone...waking up Sunday morning, looking at the schedule for the 1:00 games...Revis Island...the constant excellence of the Patriots...Showtime's Inside the NFL...a Devin Hester kick or punt return...DeSean Jackson in the open field...playoff overtime...the nicknames (Purple People Eaters, Orange Crush, Gang Green, Big Blue, the Monsters of the Midway, the Steel Curtain, the Fearsome Foursome, the New York Sack Exchange, Air Coryell, America's Team, the Hogs, the Dawg Pound, etc.)...Elway in the two minute drill...the 46 defense...your team winning a playoff game in the same building where they were totally embarassed not long before...the devotion of fans to their team...the draft, where hope springs eternal...cheerleaders (I threw that in for you guys!)...Noll to Cowher to Tomlin...the Rooneys and the Maras...games played in the snow globe...NFL Sunday Ticket...Andrew Siciliano and the Red Zone channel...the rookie from Neverheardof State that comes takes the league by storm evey year...rivalries...a perfectly executed screen pass...the Coors Light commercials with Herm Edwards, Marv Levy, etc...the Peyton Manning commercials...Monday Night Football...Brady and Manning...David Tyree's catch...Lynn Swann's catch...fourth and goal...the reverance for Jim Brown...the Immaculate Reception...the intensity of Mike Singletary...that hit on Reggie Bush...your dad getting emotional when talking about the 1969 Super Bowl...

Sandra

I would not say any league is the worst or the best. I just have the ones I like or dislike for my own reasons.

MLS - Don't like Soccer at all. It is to monotonous, repetitive, and low scoring

NBA- Don't care for basketball even though I was a huge Lakers fan as a kid (Don't like them anymore). To much scoring (each point does not mean as much), to monotonous, and to repetitive. Although the athleticism has increased, fundamentals have decreased

NHL - Only because I never got into it and I have no clue on what is going on. More based on ignorance than anything else. Perhaps I may like it if I actually took the time to understand the game?

LOL!!:p

My argument was always a "perfect storm" scenario.

Scenario: The Red Sox, Pats, B's and C's are ALL champions/championship contenders consistently. MY opinion of the pecking order:
1. Red Sox
2. Bruins
3. Patriots
4. Celtics

This is a hockey area ready to BURST at the seams if the Bruins go all the way, and whether we agree with it or not, the masses make this a Red Sox area all the way.
Work with a guy from Boston, full NE accent at all (Nowath instead of North). He says the same about the sports. Boston is a Sox city first and foremost. It is Sox nation.

JEESH you guys are depressing me!!!

Let's flip the switch...here is what I LOVE about the sports.

Baseball first - a timeless sport played in some cases in cathedrals that date back generations, ...the gloriousness of walking out into a stadium and seeing all that amazing green grass...Yankees/Red Sox in a pennant race - or in the playoffs...'Enter Sandman' starts playing, the outfield wall opens, and number 42 starts jogging toward the mound to an ovation that makes it seem like the stadium is shaking...Big Papi at the plate, two men on, two men out, trailing by a run late in the game...Roy Halladay pitching another gem...the classic interlocking NY...knowing that your father's father's father enjoyed the same sport...old footage of Pete Rose and Roberto Clemente, Nolan Ryan and Bob Gibson...Ted Williams hitting .400...being able to watch each and every game that is on TV...reading old box scores...looking in the paper and seeing Lincecum vs. Lee...the Giants win the pennant!...reading about what the major leagues were like in the 1800's...Kirk Gibson's home run...the late, great, Strike Zone Channel...the insanity that will happen if Ethier gets anywhere near Dimaggio...holding hands with your dad walking into the stadium, especially when he's not here anymore...

More sports to come...

Sandra
Which is why baseball NEEDS to be played during the day. Night games take away from that allure you mentioned

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)