Wow, those Cubans!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
I just watched that very newest Resident Evil movie on Cuban satellite!
Like, um, isn't that still playing in the theaters here?

Well, anyway, Alice is her usual Bad A** self..

MV5BMjE1MTY2MDIzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjg0MDIzMw@@._V1._SX640_SY427_.jpg

Rock on Raul! ;)

With all those embargoes impossed against them, it's no surprise they get lots of stuff (specially audiovisual material) without paying for the rights, otherwise they couldn't even get it, i'd say illegaly but they don't even qualify LOL.

I remember a few years ago there was a note from a newspaper that said in the 1990's or in the 1980's the Beatles were officially introduced to Cuba, because before then it was prohibited to sell their records there (no chance of importation), so those who knew about them had to introduce the records hidden OR brought by foreigners who in the end gave them as gifts for 'favors' (i've heard TONS of stories about sePSual favors being exchanged for gifts like pantyhoses, rimmel/mascara, etcetera, stories that can make anybody sick to think there is people who go to Cuba with that intention= a couple of shows from Spain supposeddly uncovered there an 'underground' chain of one of the most despicable acts i can think of against children, but later it was claimed to be a hoax to gain tv rating).

Wow, even more of a trip, I'm watching "Wanted" (Angelina Jolie) right now and they are showing things like naughty sex, tons and tons of F bombs, other BAD words and of course a lot of violence.

The really weird thing? Half the text is in Cyrillic. Like when he smashed the keyboard on that guy and the keys flew off, they were all Russian Cyrillic. So was the text on the computer screen at his desk.

It's mixed Cyrillic and English and of course the Spanish subtitles.

Weirdest thing I ever saw.

I'm shocked that they let their people watch all these "subversive American movies." :eek:

With all those embargoes impossed against them, it's no surprise they get lots of stuff (specially audiovisual material) without paying for the rights, otherwise they couldn't even get it, i'd say illegaly but they don't even qualify LOL.

I remember a few years ago there was a note from a newspaper that said in the 1990's or in the 1980's the Beatles were officially introduced to Cuba, because before then it was prohibited to sell their records there (no chance of importation), so those who knew about them had to introduce the records hidden OR brought by foreigners who in the end gave them as gifts for 'favors' (i've heard TONS of stories about sePSual favors being exchanged for gifts like pantyhoses, rimmel/mascara, etcetera, stories that can make anybody sick to think there is people who go to Cuba with that intention= a couple of shows from Spain supposeddly uncovered there an 'underground' chain of one of the most despicable acts i can think of against children, but later it was claimed to be a hoax to gain tv rating).

OMG....... But you know, in this world today, very little surprises me anymore.

Wow, even more of a trip, I'm watching "Wanted" (Angelina Jolie) right now and they are showing things like naughty sex, tons and tons of F bombs, other BAD words and of course a lot of violence.
Some countries are just not as "restricted" as the US. LOL

The cubans have been "Borrowing content " from the world for years. I doubt that most of their population even have a satellite dish. I wonder if this content is rebroadcast by their terrestrial broadcast networks or this content is just for the rich and famous?

The cubans have been "Borrowing content " from the world for years. I doubt that most of their population even have a satellite dish. I wonder if this content is rebroadcast by their terrestrial broadcast networks or this content is just for the rich and famous?

They have "rich and famous" people there? Oh wait, I guess that would be inner party members?

its old news and has been discussed before (the movies that are shown while they're still in theatres here). They do the same with national programming from the networks here

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-shack/225535-movies-cuban-tv-hispasat-30w.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-shack/223420-probably-first-cuban-tv-last-50-a.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-shack/207520-movies-hipast-30w.html

In Cuba everything is governed by them. Their TV is considered "state run TV" so they decide what you can watch. There have been articles about folks setting up Directv and Dish setups and running cables to all the neighbors. All the houses hooked together watch the same thing and if caught you can go to jail.

its old news and has been discussed before (the movies that are shown while they're still in theatres here). They do the same with national programming from the networks here

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-shack/225535-movies-cuban-tv-hispasat-30w.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-shack/223420-probably-first-cuban-tv-last-50-a.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-shack/207520-movies-hipast-30w.html

In Cuba everything is governed by them. Their TV is considered "state run TV" so they decide what you can watch. There have been articles about folks setting up Directv and Dish setups and running cables to all the neighbors. All the houses hooked together watch the same thing and if caught you can go to jail.

Woa! What a crazy country! Well, I guess the same is true to a degree here, if people steal cable or satellite they can get in mucho trouble too.
A cable guy one time offered to "fix me up" with some extra channels one time about 30 years ago. I told him thanks but no thanks, I don't need trouble like that. I couldn't believe he actually offered to do that. Unless of course it was a setup, I dunno.

these channels we watch on the cuban mux on Hispasat are OTA in Cuba, so that´s the only legal tv they can watch, some folks in Cuba go to extremes, to manufacture their dishes and lnbs,(of course they can´t just buy them anywhere), and set up their dishes hidden from public sight, I understand from a comment I once read from a Cuban guy, that if they get caught they can even end up in prison.

I still need to get that fixed dish on 30W. Its a prime candidate for a fixed dish for a couple of reasons... First, of course, because of the content that is available on that bird. Secondly, since it is just beyond my USALS range, I'd like not to have to move my motor that far East whenever I want to see something there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts