Wrong "city's" guide data at SlingGuide

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
Is anyone else seeing the wrong program data at SlingGuide Login ? The channel lineup is correct and the station's call letters and networks are correct, but in my case, I'm seeing stations from Tuscon AZ. See the attachments.

I will also report this via their feedback tool. Just wondering if it's just some stations, only these, or it's "normal" (it is in beta, after all).

Attachments

• sling-wrong-data-01.jpg
    sling-wrong-data-01.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 213
  • sling-wrong-data-02.jpg
    sling-wrong-data-02.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 213
Mine are NOT correct. The SD local station is correct; the local OTA subchannel is correct. The HD LIL local station is off by 2 hours and it does not show the OTA main channel. I have done a hard download to see if this fixed it but it didn't.
I am in the Tallahassee DMA and according to the Grid the HDLIL are stations in the midwest. I have sent a bug report via the SlingGuide page....

I get this on my real DVR (non-slingbox) all the time. The EPG on the OTA for the local PBS station shows what the PBS station out of Florida is showing. The regular satellite channel shows the correct information. But of course, that one doesn't include the other sub-digital channels. It has been like this since November 2007. I've complained to everyone I can try to get to, and haven't gotten anything.

Mine have been wrong since Toledo HD was added. The grid lines for HD are from Arizona and the OTA channels that had been listed before are gone (except on the locals that did not get HD from Dish like PBS). I have used their feedback form several times to remind them that this needs to be fixed.

I get this on my real DVR (non-slingbox) all the time. The EPG on the OTA for the local PBS station shows what the PBS station out of Florida is showing.
Sorry, I'm trying to keep issues in this thread related to the SlingGuide. The folks at Sling can't help you with this.

Again, I'm referring to the SlingGuide, not the receivers in our homes. My in-home receiver has the correct guide data.

I have a similar problem. I'm in the Dallas DMA and channel 11 is the CBS affiliate. You can see the satellite-delivered is correct but it's trying to say that the OTA is some Alaska channel. I reported this weeks ago but it's still a problem. I wonder if they're actually making improvements to the SlingGuide. I really haven't seen anything change. Lots of us have reported that the main OTA channel isn't appearing but they either won't or can't fix it.

Attachments

• guide.jpg
    guide.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 191

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)