Wrong Satellite Found

yogibear

Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Hello everyone,
I recently was given a dish and dishnet receiver from my Dad that moved into a new house that he bought. In the garage was this system. He gave it to me and I intend to use it. I'm certain that I've found the correct satellite (91% signal strength also), but the receiver keeps telling me that I have found the wrong satellite. It will notice BELL and turn green, but ANY other is supposedly incorrect.
It's been years since since this system has been up and running, but should it not know the correct satellite?
If anyone can give me some advice on how to turn the red 91% to a green (locked) 91%, I would really appreciate it. Also, if anyone has any questions about BELL, you can let me know. I'll do my best to answer any questions I can.
I'm fairly new at this, but am willing to help out wherever I can.
Thanks in advance,
My email is:
buickee225@yahoo.ca

If that is a Bell ExpressVu satellite system it is a Canadian system that is not "subscribable" in the US. You will need to go through an address broker to be able to use it here. Try posting in other satellite systems forum. :)

I'll move the thread for ya. But a dish box won't work with bell and vice versa IIRC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)