Status
Please reply by conversation.

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
Anyone have a WSC2KU LNB Bracket(or clone) for mounting a Ku lnbf on a prime Cband dish?

Yes I am aware that there are other similar items including one made by DMS however I am looking for the version shown in the picture:

WSC2KU C band to Ku Band Satellite Dish Conversion Bracket | LNB Mount LNBF Holder

If anyone has a source or old used one they'd like to sell or get rid of please let me know. WSI/Galaxy Marketing or anyone that used to sell them no longer has them.

Thanks

i actually bought one of those from that exact seller. the bolts were welded on crooked, one had screwed up threads and the lnb lines up off-center.

irregardless as mentiond above, I am specifically looking for one like the WSC2KU LNB Bracket

Haven't installed mind yet but now I kind of wish your posting would have been earlier. I guess I'd better go and check the one I have before installing it.

If Galaxy had them before, contact Robby there and ask if he might find one around the warehouse.
Maybe a return, or an open box.
Customers prefer new, unblemished products, and a lot of dealers don't like to ship less.
Sounds like you'd be perfectly happy with one that's scratched up, just to get the real thing.
After all, a 99¢ can of spray paint would be a cheap way to make it look new! - ;)

And, don't overlook the possibility of making one.
. . . Or fixing one of the bad ones.
Post some pictures of the defective units - perhaps the members will come up with an easy fix.!. - :up

edit:
Is this supposed to fit INSTEAD of a traditional scalar?
If so, consider alternate ways to mount the KU LNBF inside the existing C-band scalar.

Thanks for the suggestions Anole. I actually drove out to WSI office yesterday but they didn't have any. If I can't locate one I'll probably take out the dremel and pliers to modify the one I have to better suit my needs. I much prefer the simpler design of WSC2KU LNB Bracket which has one side "open" to most of those currently being sold.

Well, sounds like you've already gone that extra mile. - :rolleyes:

Here is the picture I was thinking about, to encourage you.
It's from ACRadio's collection, and shows (I think) an Invacom AF-120 feed located in the middle of a C-band scalar.
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae184/ACRadio/The%20NEW%20ACRadio%20Dish%20Farm/IMG_4289r.jpg
Since the big scalar is where the LNB arms mount, it seemed a wise choice.

If you do -not- use an appropriate feed on your Ku LNB, you'll only be seeing the middle portion of the dish.
So, your options for getting that hot signal are limited.
Here're what come to mind:
- Invacom AF-120 feed/scalar on some sort of friendly LNB (but their QPF-031 is outrageously priced) - :(
- GeoSatPro SL1P (low cost, single output)

thanks again for the links. I have the geosatpro SL1p but like to be able throw in a circular ku lnb as 119 is my due south and its so easy to find for setup/tweaking.

another place to check

Try cyberestore in FL, they have that bracket listed on their Satellite page.... That's just one place I thought of to look, if none of our sponsors still have them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)