WTF, Sunday Ticket price should be lowered not raised!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It's still too expensive at 20 bucks, Direct is spending about $3.00 maximum on those channels and overhead to auth my STB, they are making a killing at $30.00. The mases are brainwashed to pay high prices. There are ones that will accept $10.00 a gallon gas too. Wonder why the government is going to default in a few days. This insane greed out there caused it. All for me nothing for you... don't be surprised when we hit a full blown depression. Wonder who will be able to afford pay tv bills then? But hey today I still have my ESPN at $70 a month so I'm happy. :facepalm

Bob??

So, what does your C-Band bill look like and what is on it ?

My C band bill is around 8 bucks a month. I like music and have the MTV mini pack.

Skyvision Satellite Equipment

Honestly there are so many crap channels out there these days that a pick and choose service with Direct would be the best. But they won't allow that since the revenue is too high with the packages. I'd gladly pay $20.00 a month from Direct for a pick 10 from the lineup. We need choice!

I'm getting a DVB S2 HD receiver within the week that will allow me more choice for free. It will give me network master feeds, sports backhauls, etc in true HD plus a whole lot more. And any crap channels don't cost me. Have you scanned the skys lately? You may be surprised what you can get for nothing :)

Last edited:
I have and it sure ain't what it used to be. Some good stuff but not much.

I agree to a point but there is choice and an option there. Price is right too.:) Many channels offered by the cable/pizza providers is nothing but junk, why pay for garbage? When I had choice xtra 99% of the time most channels had crap on or were running commercials all at the same time.

My C band bill is around 8 bucks a month. I like music and have the MTV mini pack.

Skyvision Satellite Equipment

Honestly there are so many crap channels out there these days that a pick and choose service with Direct would be the best. But they won't allow that since the revenue is too high with the packages. I'd gladly pay $20.00 a month from Direct for a pick 10 from the lineup. We need choice!

I'm getting a DVB S2 HD receiver within the week that will allow me more choice for free. It will give me network master feeds, sports backhauls, etc in true HD plus a whole lot more. And any crap channels don't cost me. Have you scanned the skys lately? You may be surprised what you can get for nothing :)

When they started taking that stuff away, I quit scanning the sky's ...

I agree to a point but there is choice and an option there. Price is right too.:) Many channels offered by the cable/pizza providers is nothing but junk, why pay for garbage? When I had choice xtra 99% of the time most channels had crap on or were running commercials all at the same time.

IF you order a package from a company, I don't know whose left anymore, I use to use Trner Vision back in the day till they got gobbled up , I can't even remember who was left when I quit using mine, but I know there wasn't much available without upgrading to the newer recvrs at the time ... I think 4dtv was the newest thing at the time.

Anyways, you STILL needed a package if you wanted service ...

I need to change my vote. I voted that I wasn't getting it . I know that at least 7 or so Pats games will be in the clear. But I got this deal. $200 instant credit and $10 of for 6 months off my bill. Less then $100 dollars for the Sunday ticket. I have to figure in the tax etc so I don't have the exact figure. Very happy with this deal.

Last edited:
I think thats toooo high to entice people, then again, I guess I would only need one other team as well, but would miss tuning into the end of all the other games.
I was looking at what Directv would charge and what people would pay. I'm sure many who subscribe only want to watch one team . And $100 would be a price that wouldn't be that high.

televisionarchives said:
I was looking at what Directv would charge and what people would pay. I'm sure many who subscribe only want to watch one team . And $100 would be a price that wouldn't be that high.

D* could charge something like this,
Red Zone $20
One team $85
Each additional team $10
One division $120
Each additional division $20
One conference $175

Not as many would get the entire ST line up, however a lot more would sign up if they had the above as an option. And as I have said before, this could also be done with MLB, NBA and CI as well.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Honestly I think the all or nothing (except Redzone) is more an NFL requirement than DirecTV. None of the sports leagues offer that model, and all offer a league-wide out of market package. I do think we could see Redzone (either the DirecTV or NFL Net version) as an add-on purchase option for DirecTV some day, or as part of sports pack. When enough competitors offer it included or cheap, DirecTV may have no choice. It would be more like buying NHL Package getting NHL Network included (if not in your base package). But NFL SundayTicket and get Redzone included free, if it isn't in your package (which could be sports package for example).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)