WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, family found dead

Since speculation is running rampant now...did any of you ever think it could have went down like this....

Wife kills son (accidentally or intentionally)...
Chris finds out (family emergency text to others and WWE need to cancel out of PPV).
Chris finds out truth from wife what happend and kills her...
Chris realizes what he has to live with and a day later hangs himself.

Could have happened...will we ever know unless there was a note or something. Remember, he has two other kids.

As macabre as this sounds, I was hoping THAT SCENARIO you had pointed out was what really happened and prayed that the scenario that looks like played out did not. The other scenario is wife kills son and herself, he comes home after strange calls/text messages/IMs and see what happened and then kills self after realizing all he has is gone.

I know it sounds terrible to hope for the scenarios pointed out, but the disappointment that HE might have done this with his own hands is just terrible.

As macabre as this sounds, I was hoping THAT SCENARIO you had pointed out was what really happened and prayed that the scenario that looks like played out did not. The other scenario is wife kills son and herself, he comes home after strange calls/text messages/IMs and see what happened and then kills self after realizing all he has is gone.

I know it sounds terrible to hope for the scenarios pointed out, but the disappointment that HE might have done this with his own hands is just terrible.
terrible but far more probable. Perhaps the family crisis was that he was served with divorce papers or something.

terrible but far more probable. Perhaps the family crisis was that he was served with divorce papers or something.

Well, from the people I know in the business....and the history there(i.e., he stole her from someone else and he was extremely psycho way beyond the mat...)...I would not be surprised....damn same that THE most innocent of all, their 7 year old son, was caught in the middle....

Yes she was Married to Kevin Sullivan who by many accounts was a psyco.

I can not believe how sad this is though.

WWE has more details but they have been asked by the authorities not to release them.

I dont know what to say, I am in shock, last night I cried for the man and today I cry because of the man. :(

Since speculation is running rampant now...did any of you ever think it could have went down like this....

Wife kills son (accidentally or intentionally)...
Chris finds out (family emergency text to others and WWE need to cancel out of PPV).
Chris finds out truth from wife what happend and kills her...
Chris realizes what he has to live with and a day later hangs himself.

Could have happened...will we ever know unless there was a note or something. Remember, he has two other kids.
Kind of farfetched, I'd say. Obviously, the police need to follow the evidence where it leads, but like they say, "when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras".

Yes she was Married to Kevin Sullivan who by many accounts was a psyco.

I can not believe how sad this is though.

WWE has more details but they have been asked by the authorities not to release them.

I dont know what to say, I am in shock, last night I cried for the man and today I cry because of the man. :(

Again, as macabre at it sounds...I hope he ended it for himself and not ended it for them. I just lose so much respect for him if he killed his family.:(

Exactly. He is the one who has my compassion at this moment.

Well, from the people I know in the business....and the history there(i.e., he stole her from someone else and he was extremely psycho way beyond the mat...)...I would not be surprised....damn same that THE most innocent of all, their 7 year old son, was caught in the middle....

Chris was one of the last "Technical Wrestlers" While they have not released a whole lot, I have read where autorites have used the word "bizarre" regarding the situation when info does come out

TMZ.com is reporting:

TMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.

A police investigation is ongoing.

Benoit Murder Details Revealed - TMZ.com

They are announcing it now on the radio, strangled the wife, smothered the child and hung himself in a weight room. Kevin SUllivan was a psycho and apparently Woman left one for another. Often women have a way of doing that.

I was going to record last nights tribute on to DVD, but now I will just delete it.

There has to be a reason why he was set off like this... my guess would be that his wife told him she was leaving him and taking the kid. This caused him to snap and end up being irrational.

I've read nothing about there being marriage problems, I wonder if he was blindsided by the thing and that set him off....

I was going to record last nights tribute on to DVD, but now I will just delete it.

:up :up , I came home from work this morning after hearing about him killing his family I just deleted it.

I wounder how many wrestlers who praised him now wish they could take it back.:rolleyes:

There has to be a reason why he was set off like this... my guess would be that his wife told him she was leaving him and taking the kid. This caused him to snap and end up being irrational.

I've read nothing about there being marriage problems, I wonder if he was blindsided by the thing and that set him off....

Or it could of been just roid rage. Roids do strange things to the human body.

I thought William Regal's response was really strange last night. I have read that he was the one who received the text message from Benoit so that would explain his reaction.

Also from the Atlanta Journal Constitution:

Benoit and his wife went through a period of turbulence early in their marriage that included her claiming domestic abuse and filing for divorce, court records show.

The couple, who had lived together since 1997 and were married in 2000, had separated when Nancy Benoit, a wrestling manager who worked under the stage name "Woman," filed for divorce in May 2003.

In the accompanying petition for protection from domestic abuse, Nancy Benoit, 43, claimed she was intimidated by threats of violence from her 40-year-old, 5-foot-10, 220-pound husband, who was known as the "Canadian Crippler."

Benoit, the petition said, "lost his temper and threatened to strike the petitioner and cause extensive damage to the home and personal belongings of the parties, including furniture and furnishings. Petitioner is in reasonable fear for petitioner's own safety and that of the minor child."

In another count, she claimed Benoit had destroyed furniture in the home.

Pro wrestler, family found dead in Fayetteville home | ajc.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)