OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

I like the fact is has the RS-232 serial connector outside.

Seems like the trend is for these boxes to get cheaper and cheaper. I guess if it's really cheap people won't complain as much if it doesn't work very well. Maybe for the casual user to just watch some satellite TV and not try to explore all the features the advanced hobbyist expects, it would be fine.

Just received the X2 and here are my first impressions:

Nice solid build hardware
Two remotes with no batteries
European electrical plug with an Edison adapter (no UL/ETL/FCC)
Basic owners manual with minimal descriptions
Nice clean and easy to navigate GUI
Time: 24hr - Date: Day/Month/Year
No North American satellites (Euro birds, but easy to add)
Standard Definition PQ video looks jagged and poor scaling on HDMI output (graphics are sharp = very poor up-conversion of SD)
Good HD PQ(support up to 1080p). Has some stutter on different HD sources
Internally decodes AC3 (RCA Out)
Controls both 22khz switch, DiSEqC and motor (if the motor is active the switch command is not sent for 20 seconds - after "dish moving" prompt disappears. No way to escape the prompt..... AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!)
Very informative Channel Banner and Channel information screen (to much information on the banner if that is possible!)
TV/Radio switch has a glitch that is unpredictable (switching to previous satellite an/or not playing the service mode)
Composite output is not locked to 480i and remote easily changes to 50hz

Overall a decent STB and better build and operation than an Openbox, but save your money if you watch SD programming on your HD TV. The SD picture quality is substandard as compared to most any other STB on market.

... and the unit died. :eek:

No front panel LED, no optical audio jack light.

Not going to open it up. Contacted the seller for an exchange. :(

Just a quick response by a electronic tech with 55 years of experience.... The death of a unit within two hours of start of 'burn-in' is usually a component failure, not usually a design or assembly problem. DOA often is manufacturing quality - something shakes loose in shipment. So, returning to manufacturer is best - if they will evaluate... If the same part repeatedly fails (same cap as example) then change specs or manufacturer of parts. Just FYI. I am sure Brian already knew this, but for others....
Manufacturers now days ship the units before burn in! Your desk is the 'burn in' bench :(.

We have received an RMA and return documents from the Ebay seller and the unit has been shipped back to the Amazon Shipment Processing Center. Upon the confirmed receipt of the returned unit an exchange unit will be shipped. Looking forward to receiving the replacement unit and will update everyone how the RMA process is resolved.

I ordered one,should get it next week some time.
Somebody said it got 4:2:2 wildfeeds,maybe an undocumented bonus.
For that price worth it just to rip apart and see what makes it tick.

I ordered one,should get it next week some time.
Somebody said it got 4:2:2 wildfeeds,maybe an undocumented bonus.
For that price worth it just to rip apart and see what makes it tick.

4:2:2!!!!!!GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please keep us updated if true. I guess there will be a bunch of us that will order !!!!!!!
:)

100_0069.JPG100_0070.JPGI picked up cbs on Galaxy 28 tp 3900 but could not get video on Daystar on 101 got audio only.

Huh, santa's brought our gift earlier this year!! Can you post a pic of what its in the screen once you hit the INFO boton??? maybe another one of once you hit MENU?? Will appreciated!! Thanks

Re: X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver for $49

Whatta heck ama order one

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)