OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

Crazy dreamin'...

The AZbox mini ME for approx. $190us from European reseller plus shipping. About as close as one will currently get to a budget priced STB with 4:2:2.

Yes but ordering from a European reseller won't get you our exclusive North American software so many things won't work such as blindscan on C-band and standard ku-band LNBF's, manual PID entry and more...

It's best to wait for the north American edition which is currently under development. A review of the unit will be posted soon.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Yes but ordering from a European reseller won't get you our exclusive North American software so many things won't work such as blindscan on C-band and standard ku-band LNBF's, manual PID entry and more...

It's best to wait for the north American edition which is currently under development. A review of the unit will be posted soon.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

So what about the people who bought one from a North American reseller who bought them from a european dealer/reseller will the new NA firmware be available to them free of charge as well?

So what about the people who bought one from a North American reseller who bought them from a european dealer/reseller will the new NA firmware be available to them free of charge as well?

No authorized AzBox dealers in North America are allowed to buy any authentic AzBox products other than from the distributor serving their country and we won't support unauthorized AzBox dealers. As this time, there are no authorized AzBox dealers selling the AzBox mini Me as the product is not yet ready for the North American market. More information will be made available once we post our review.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

pwrsurge said:
No authorized AzBox dealers in North America are allowed to buy any authentic AzBox products other than from the distributor serving their country and we won't support unauthorized AzBox dealers. As this time, there are no authorized AzBox dealers selling the AzBox mini Me as the product is not yet ready for the North American market. More information will be made available once we post our review.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Sounds good I have heard they are selling like wild fire in the EU but are very complex to use.

Looking forward to the review.

.ssu filetype,3 chunks of compressed sections starting with hex 39 5A 5A DA 5A decompressed with zip2006.exe main section shows support for ralink chipsets rt28xx thru rt58xx so a newer ralink chipset wifi stick should work.

spacebar on teraterm and power on,you get the menu:
1. Upgrade Application with FUM
2. Upgrade Application with Xmodem
3. Leave and Continue boot
probably not useful unless the firmware is corrupt
#1 looks for a .ts file,which is weird

I forgot to eat supper,if that's any indication.
It didn't detect my old usb wifi stick,ralink rt2500 chipset but I kinda figured that.
A moot point since I don't use network for anything.
I miss the lan manager openbox has.Still trying to find support programs like a channel editor and rs232 loader.
The default firmware was from 8-15-2012,so I wanted to play with that before updating.
Power cord is shorter than the openbox,I had to move the receiver closer to ac.
Worth the money I think.

with a terminal on the rs232 and you type help,you get this.
ejtag reference looked interesting.

Attachments

• help.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 220
I forgot to eat supper,if that's any indication.
It didn't detect my old usb wifi stick,ralink rt2500 chipset but I kinda figured that.
A moot point since I don't use network for anything.
I miss the lan manager openbox has.Still trying to find support programs like a channel editor and rs232 loader.
The default firmware was from 8-15-2012,so I wanted to play with that before updating.
Power cord is shorter than the openbox,I had to move the receiver closer to ac.
Worth the money I think.

What date is the newest version of firmware?

sept 25 which has bugs
power button on receiver turns receiver off,but not back on.
You have to turn back on with remote.
I am using sept 3 firmware now.
The aug 15 firmware had no way of backing up 100%,so I can't go back to that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)