OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

If I ever receive the replacement for the defective unit that died, I will reconfirm. In our testing, 4:2:2 channels only had sound. The video was not decoding. Looked exactly like 4:2:2 garbled display on any other standard receiver.

I think that this "other person" was not looking at 4:2:2. Maybe 16psk or other???

I picked one channel on 89w this morning on 3900-H-29860 that was on till 10:00 then it was gone but i believe they had just switched it off of 422 are something because i could not get no other 422 channels.
the bad things i see is no PID Entry that i can find,it has the moving dish box for about 20 sec after moving that Brian mentioned
and it has locked up on me 3 times in the last 3 hours. It dose a have a good blind scan i scan tv only and all sats took less than 3 min.

Last edited:
I should have mine early next week.
The only db tool I could find on the net was the cheertek db tool v1.2.5 which is for another older processor and probably won't work the the x2. .SSU db tools are hard to find for the nt78326

the db tool for the x2 should look similar,if there is one out there.
This version of the tool was actually for a sat meter

Attachments

• DB Tool User Manual.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 6,005
Don't know why everyone is hung up on 4:2:2, in these budget receivers, it is just not going to ever happen IMHO, so move on.

Don't know why everyone is hung up on 4:2:2, in these budget receivers, it is just not going to ever happen IMHO, so move on.

Crazy dreamin'...

The AZbox mini ME for approx. $190us from European reseller plus shipping. About as close as one will currently get to a budget priced STB with 4:2:2.

Crazy dreamin'...

The AZbox mini ME for approx. $190us from European reseller plus shipping. About as close as one will currently get to a budget priced STB with 4:2:2.

Yet, the MicroHD can record the 4:2:2, and then you can play it back on your pc for FREE! Who cares if watching it is slightly delayed, when you are saving so much money with a receiver that nearly does it ALL.

Who needs more than that?

Crazy dreamin'...

There is no current 4:2:2 feeds that I care about, don't watch much sports for the few that are left. CBS would be ok, but I would not pay 190 plus for what I can get OTA.

ke4est said:
There is no current 4:2:2 feeds that I care about, don't watch much sports for the few that are left. CBS would be ok, but I would not pay 190 plus for what I can get OTA.

Yup I agree I don't think their is much difference in PQ. I recorded on microHD and on dish DVR OTA and I could not tell.

However if you can't get your CBS OTA then I could see how it could be a most.

I think of it like this. You gave a kid a bag that they can fill with candy at the candy store. However when you get their they have 100 different choices of candy but the bag will only take the smaller candy and so the kid only has 98 choices left. Of course they have to have the 2 they can't fit in the bag even if they dislike those two choices.

A few quick observations on the X2.

Easy to update factory firmware via Internet connection to manufacturers website.

The USALS/DiSEqC 1.2 motor control is a single setting and the user cannot know which mode is selected when re-entering the menu.

USALS positioning was often inaccurate when compared to 3 other branded receivers. Would need to test more to determine why possible miscalculations.

If no channel was found during a blind scan the motor would move back to the previous satellite (with motor movement unescapable for 20 seconds) sigh.....

The receiver operation is great with fixed dishes, but motor movement in both channel viewing and install menus is is not well implemented. Satellite changes are locked for 20 seconds and cannot escape. Can be very frustrating when a channel is selected in the channel list and you must wait a minimum of 20 seconds to watch a channel on a different satellite or 40 seconds if the motor movement starts as the user is selecting a channel then needs to return. Aggravated by the SAT button that toggles to next satellite rather than providing a list.

Only 32 DiSEqC 1.2 motor positions, but on the plus side, they are assignable!

HD / SD banner indicator often incorrect.

Internet Weather App works but F/C selection is mixed up in a few data fields.

In a reoccurring theme of the Linux STBs, YouTube does not play videos. A few times caused lock-up requiring power cycling by pulling the AC.

Overall a good quality hardware build and easy to navigate GUI, but needs some firmware refinement.

Seems like if google can't display ads on your device.

Then no YouTube for you.

toucan-man said:
As it stands, if you download YouTube vids there are no ads. Wonder how much longer that little glitch on YouTube's part will continue.

Long time I would guess since its a pain in the butt to download the .flv file now. (last time I tired)

Keepvid has been working smoothly of late, sometimes Google outmaneuvers them but I can't remember the last time the site wouldn't work.

As it stands, if you download YouTube vids there are no ads. Wonder how much longer that little glitch on YouTube's part will continue.
I don't watch on my computer.
I do watch on my iPhone and my Western Digital media player.
Don't recall seeing adverts on either. :)
Must not be too hard to bypass 'em.

Anole said:
I don't watch on my computer.
I do watch on my iPhone and my Western Digital media player.
Don't recall seeing adverts on either. :)
Must not be too hard to bypass 'em.

That's because the developer has an api key from YouTube I think that's why it works without issue.