OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

My X2 HD quit working yesterday. It gets no signal from the satellite. It is providing voltage but no reception at all. I contacted X2 and they don't have a replacement available for me so it looks like I will have to send it back for a refund. I like the box very much ( the multimedia functions still work) but it is useless for satellite reception at this point.

My X2 HD quit working yesterday. It gets no signal from the satellite. It is providing voltage but no reception at all. I contacted X2 and they don't have a replacement available for me so it looks like I will have to send it back for a refund. I like the box very much ( the multimedia functions still work) but it is useless for satellite reception at this point.

They don't have a replacement available? Strange customer service. Maybe they decided not to sell the STB into this market?

When it first quit receiving I loaded factory default and it still wouldn't scan. I tried it like 4 times and then hooked up my Openbox S9(which worked perfect) to verify my signal. I then tried to get a replacement and they tried to walk me through some troubleshooting which I already attempted. This morning they said they didn't have any left as they were selling like hotcakes on amazon. So I gave it one last shot just a few minutes ago after posting above and WALA it decided to work again. So I reloaded my NA satfile and channels and all is well. I am hoping it is just a software issue related to the switching.

when I first got it I backed up the aug15th app1 portion,then when I update I back up those app1 versions also.
Bouncing back and forth you can upgrade/downgrade by just changing the app1 instead of app1/defaultdb/sharebank.
their ftp site has 2 old sept versions and the oct 11 version
login info can be gleaned from the update by network tab and use an ftp client on the pc to get in.

Another One Bites the Dust

Does this STB win the highest rate of failure of any DVB-S2 to date award?

Last edited by a moderator:
No my Openbox S10 is much worse. If you look below my panic post the box started working again. I figured I would give it one last try before returning it.

No my Openbox S10 is much worse. If you look below my panic post the box started working again. I figured I would give it one last try before returning it.

Glad to hear it came back to life. :)

So it was just software issue you think?

Im not sure. The signal meter would jump from 98ish to 0 intermittently on weaker transponders. Then the other afternoon after turning it on to watch TV it just stayed at zero so I triple checked all of my cable and switches but still couldn't get anything. I verified power to the LNB with my signal meter. I then made sure my switching/aim/LNB was ok with my Openbox. I even factory reset the receiver but it still would not scan in anything or show any signal at all. So I put the box away to ship it back until they told me I was sol at getting a replacement so I said what the heck and tried one more time and it works normally.

If I had to guess I would say it is either firmware related to the diseqc switching or there is a hardware problem between the board and tuner. I am hoping it was just another glitch with the firmware.

I like the fact that this doesn't freeze up on certain channels that the openbox always did. It also shows TNN so that's a bonus.

So I put the box away to ship it back until they told me I was sol at getting a replacement so I said what the heck and tried one more time and it works normally.
which may be a heat problem.
When I killed mine I popped the cover off and the cover has been off ever since.

All my S10 has a small fan on top 24/7 since day one. SO, if this box is a very similar we will need to do the same!!

drjohn14

The only guy I know which has updated his box and its working fine is rrob. We will need to ask him if he can share a dump_ backup of his. Mine is also in transit so I will also need a copy too. Send me a PM and I'll send you copy of the latest firmware 11-10-2012 and the Channel Editor.

Are you around rrob??

you have to edit the sharebank with ezm and send it back to the receiver.Then do a factory reset which makes the sharebank the user db.There is no way to pass around the user db because the program won't edit/save that.

Added a 12V, 25mm fan and it is running cool.....Ed

Attachments

• dcp_0059.jpg
    dcp_0059.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 240

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)