X2 Premium V came today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
freddylqq sorry you have issue with your x2 v5. Mine has been great for the most part. I think it is underpowered for a diseqc switch. Works with the 2x1 but does not play well with a 4x1.
(But I could be setting something wrong)
NOPE, they overheat and have a notoriously WIMPY power output. Mine finally croaked two weeks ago completely. Inquiries to get it repaired to X2 have gone completely unanswered.

Freesat V8s arrives today (hopefully). Out-for-delivery the tracking # sez....Let's see if the mail person can tell the diff between my 506 address and the un-neighborly neighbors 508 finally. I have put THREE 3 inch 506 numbers, one on each side of my mail box and the the pole it sits on...

Oh yea, the FAT receiver died too. Had to pull out an old Viewsat and watch dvb-s-only programming for the past two weeks. HOPE the V8s has a strong and reliable Diseq output unlike the X2 and Fat pathetic ones...

Reactions: hank123
I don't think the V8's are great with Diseqs too. That is why I use a powered switch now. Fixed many problems

Reactions: The Rage
Actually I stopped having issues with my X2. No restarting and it points to the right direction. I'm actually quite happy with it now. And I don't need to use a fan on it either.

Reactions: hank123
I don't think the V8's are great with Diseqs too. That is why I use a powered switch now. Fixed many problems
I might want to find one of those powered switches. Any suggestions on what to buy and for how much. OH, btw, the V8s arrived Weds WITHOUT any firmware loaded on it! (#@**!). Display on box showed it booting, loading, then just four hypens. Only thing the remote would do is turn it on and off. DIdn't come with a SCART so I couldn't test to see if the video defaulted to component/comporeallsite. HDMI was just the blue screen of death. Ship from address on shipping envelope invalid. NOT happy....Anyway, found a universal remote that works my old Viewsat just fine SO atleast I can watch compent DVB-S video.

I'm really starting to distrust EVERYONE of these small dvb-s2 receivers. This makes number 4 that went bad. The Israeli-made one (which I don't see being sold anymore), the X2, the Fat, and now the V8s. Wonder if I should just buy a good uses commercial DVB-S2 decoder...

The STB is displaying - - - - because no channels are scanned in. It is in the set-up menu and the video is often set to the 50hz refresh mode. If yout TV is not compatible with 50/60hz, the HDMI input will not detect the Video output.

Connect up to a TV or computer monitor that displays 50hz and change the video output to a resolution that your TV supports (720p, 1080i, 1080p / 60hz).

I might want to find one of those powered switches. Any suggestions on what to buy and for how much. OH, btw, the V8s arrived Weds WITHOUT any firmware loaded on it! (#@**!). Display on box showed it booting, loading, then just four hypens. Only thing the remote would do is turn it on and off. DIdn't come with a SCART so I couldn't test to see if the video defaulted to component/comporeallsite. HDMI was just the blue screen of death. Ship from address on shipping envelope invalid. NOT happy....Anyway, found a universal remote that works my old Viewsat just fine SO atleast I can watch compent DVB-S video.

I'm really starting to distrust EVERYONE of these small dvb-s2 receivers. This makes number 4 that went bad. The Israeli-made one (which I don't see being sold anymore), the X2, the Fat, and now the V8s. Wonder if I should just buy a good uses commercial DVB-S2 decoder...

You could get a couple znwell 4x8 powered switches and run a Diseqs after.

I bought this switch, have yet to test it. Came with UK power but after talking with seller they did send the correct power adapter.
This switch

Saw this somewhere you could try , on the V8s.
Press menu key to main menu.(Panel show "----")
press Green key to switch NTSC/PAL, the panel will show "PAL " or "NTSC"
Press Stop key to switch the video format
PAL mode : the panel will show "576I" -- "576P" -- "720P"(50HZ) --"1080I"(50HZ) --"1080P"(50HZ)
NTSC mode : the panel will show "480I" -- "480P" -- "720P"(60HZ) --"1080I"(60HZ) --"1080P"(60HZ)

You could get a couple znwell 4x8 powered switches and run a Diseqs after.

I bought this switch, have yet to test it. Came with UK power but after talking with seller they did send the correct power adapter.
This switch
Thanks for the link. Bit too expensive for me at 89 bux however. I like the idea of the Zinwells. Need two of them though to input into a regular diseq. Neither my 4x1 1,1 or 8x1 1.2 works at ALL...

Saw this somewhere you could try , on the V8s.
Press menu key to main menu.(Panel show "----")
press Green key to switch NTSC/PAL, the panel will show "PAL " or "NTSC"
Press Stop key to switch the video format
PAL mode : the panel will show "576I" -- "576P" -- "720P"(50HZ) --"1080I"(50HZ) --"1080P"(50HZ)
NTSC mode : the panel will show "480I" -- "480P" -- "720P"(60HZ) --"1080I"(60HZ) --"1080P"(60HZ)
The STOP key. That's what the dude that sold it to me LEFT out. He said the green key. Whaaaaaaat????
The SCART works for now although CVBS stinks compared to HDMI.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)