X2 Premium V came today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Cant seem to get
3740 V 29270 7/8
Info wars. Do they take the feed off and only broadcast live?

Reactions: The Rage
Does anybody know how to make this receiver move the dish from one satellite to another? I have it set up for USALS but can't figure out how to tell it to move to a certain satellite. Manual is of no use for this and can't find the answer on their website. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a USALS motor in line ?
If so you will need to click on USALS, and enter you lat. Long.

Reactions: hank123
Yes I do....I've already entered my long. & lat. in the receiver...I just don't know how to select the satellite and tell it to go to it....by the way, this is a new install.

I think I'll stick with the V8 Super. Have not had any distinguishable problems with it since it arrived. Can not say the same about other receivers that cost a whole lot more.
I am glad someone with a V7 or V8s got to comment. BTW, which V8s do you have?. The OpenBox one or the true Freesat?. I've noticed the Obox V8s is often much cheaper. Right now, on my budget, I'd have to be satisfied with the V7 for now. My X2 is still acting a little freaky with the Green power led fading in and out, sometimes flashing indicating (to me atleast), the PS is very unstable in the mini. Fortunately for me though, since I've installed the C/KU Chapparal Corotor, it has enough power to run the c and KU lnbs thru the 8x1 1.1 Diseq.

Next box WILL definately be a Freesat however...

Yes I do....I've already entered my long. & lat. in the receiver...I just don't know how to select the satellite and tell it to go to it....by the way, this is a new install.
I don't have one of these myself but if it's like most receivers and comes pre-loaded with a North American satellite list you should just have to highlight the sat you want under dish setup and press OK to motor to it.

You will have to go into each satellite in the setup and and select USALS.
Have you went through the procedure to properly align your USALS motor?

I'm currently aligned to my true south (according to dishpointer) and I used a compass to confirm my correct magnetic south...I'm at longitude -118.2 so I need to move over to my closes sat which would be Anik F3 @ 118.8....with the receiver connected I do get "a" signal on it and on my simple sat finder also.....no quality though.....so I need to tell the receiver to move to Anik F3 so I can align properly it and tweek the dish.

BTW, which V8s do you have?. The OpenBox one or the true Freesat?. I've noticed the Obox V8s is often much cheaper.

I was not aware there were 2 versions of the V8 Super.
I sure wish people would be more creative and come up with better names that don’t overlap and confuse people.

I bought my V8 Super direct from Freesat which cost us $52.50.
It was shipped DHL and received within 7 days from China.
The cost is like nothing compared to what FTA receivers have been selling for.
You will spend just as much taking your wife out to dinner at a decent restaurant so there should be no one complaining about the cost of the receiver. If one can not afford a V8 Super this month but only the V7 HD, I say it would be better to wait another month to save up and get the V8 Super instead.

After doing a review of the V7 all of us here remarked how much better the V8 Super was in comparison to the V7 HD receiver. While the V7 was ok it had audio problems that the V8 Super does not have, so watching TV here the V8 Super won out hands down. In fact all the V7 hd’s have now been replaced by the V8 Supers for all the dishes here. No more complaints about audio dropouts now! :)

Was going to test out the V8 Golden but that receiver has more problems from what others have been writing about that are not yet fixed.

I figured out how to tell the receiver how to move to a satellite. Hey KE4EST, I just realized that I'm following your "How To Install A USALS Motor" guide. Thanks! Now to align the motor. I just need to figure out how to set up a channel so I can get a quality signal on the screen.

You have to have it set for each sat.

What did you tune to for starters?

I figured out how to tell the receiver how to move to a satellite. Hey KE4EST, I just realized that I'm following your "How To Install A USALS Motor" guide. Thanks! Now to align the motor. I just need to figure out how to set up a channel so I can get a quality signal on the screen.

Its a great guide! Keep working at it. You will get it. So much good help here!

I was not aware there were 2 versions of the V8 Super.
I sure wish people would be more creative and come up with better names that don’t overlap and confuse people.

I bought my V8 Super direct from Freesat which cost us $52.50.
It was shipped DHL and received within 7 days from China.
The cost is like nothing compared to what FTA receivers have been selling for.
You will spend just as much taking your wife out to dinner at a decent restaurant so there should be no one complaining about the cost of the receiver. If one can not afford a V8 Super this month but only the V7 HD, I say it would be better to wait another month to save up and get the V8 Super instead.

After doing a review of the V7 all of us here remarked how much better the V8 Super was in comparison to the V7 HD receiver. While the V7 was ok it had audio problems that the V8 Super does not have, so watching TV here the V8 Super won out hands down. In fact all the V7 hd’s have now been replaced by the V8 Supers for all the dishes here. No more complaints about audio dropouts now! :)

Was going to test out the V8 Golden but that receiver has more problems from what others have been writing about that are not yet fixed.

I have a V8 super coming, 3 weeks shipping time :( .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272281873910?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Paid $38.94 LOL.

I think my X2 premuim V is giving me issues with my DiSEqC. Only uses the default port 1.

Reactions: The Rage
I spent some time playing with the X2 Premium V just having it move from one sat to another. This thing rebooted on me 3 different times! There are times when I don't think it's even pointing at the right direction. I figured Anik F3 would not be a good sat to start on since its scrambled so I decided to try for G19....so far no luck with the Q meter. Signal seems to be OK.

I spent some time playing with the X2 Premium V just having it move from one sat to another. This thing rebooted on me 3 different times! There are times when I don't think it's even pointing at the right direction. I figured Anik F3 would not be a good sat to start on since its scrambled so I decided to try for G19....so far no luck with the Q meter. Signal seems to be OK.
Don't know what is up with X2? Been seeing this with their receivers lately. My X2 Premium Mini was unusable out of the box and my M1HD had overheat issues and problems moving my ku dish for any more than a short distance without rebooting. I'm at the point where I won't be buying from X2 again. :(

Don't know what is up with X2? Been seeing this with their receivers lately. My X2 Premium Mini was unusable out of the box and my M1HD had overheat issues and problems moving my ku dish for any more than a short distance without rebooting. I'm at the point where I won't be buying from X2 again. :(

Well I'm thinking about getting another receiver. It's too late to return this one back to Amazon.

Might want to try a V8 Super mentioned in post #33. It's been getting pretty good reviews. :)

I saw that. I also saw that prices vary....some claim to be Openbox others don't....can these be clones? I've seen a listing for $18.99 with free shipping.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)