XBOX One Owners Thread

You don't need a splitter if all you are trying to do is watch TV through the Xbox One. The Xbox One has an HDMI input and an HDMI output. Just plug the HDMI cable from the Directv box into the HDMI input on the Xbox One. Then plug an HDMI cable from the Xbox One output to your TV and you're good to go.

I can see reason for wanting to use an HDMI splitter if someone in the house doesn't like the Xbox One and wants to keep watching TV the way they used to though. Unfortunately the Xbox One can't pass the Directv signal through to the TV if it is turned off. This means that if someone in the house doesn't know how to turn on and navigate the Xbox One they can't watch TV.

you know have you can watch DirecTV and play XBOX ONE at same time, we got one didn't work

Assuming you have Kinect, you would just say "Xbox snap TV" while you are playing a game. This puts the TV window into a tiny box in the top right hand corner.

If you don't have Kinect I'm not exactly sure how you snap TV.

Assuming you have Kinect, you would just say "Xbox snap TV" while you are playing a game. This puts the TV window into a tiny box in the top right hand corner.

If you don't have Kinect I'm not exactly sure how you snap TV.
You can do it without using Kinect. Just go into the menu for snap and choose TV.

You don't need a splitter if all you are trying to do is watch TV through the Xbox One. The Xbox One has an HDMI input and an HDMI output. Just plug the HDMI cable from the Directv box into the HDMI input on the Xbox One. Then plug an HDMI cable from the Xbox One output to your TV and you're good to go.

I can see reason for wanting to use an HDMI splitter if someone in the house doesn't like the Xbox One and wants to keep watching TV the way they used to though. Unfortunately the Xbox One can't pass the Directv signal through to the TV if it is turned off. This means that if someone in the house doesn't know how to turn on and navigate the Xbox One they can't watch TV.

i will tell mine brother to try this and report back tomorrow

Video released of Halo 2 Lockout. When I watched the video it brought me right back to playing the original in college. I am SO looking forward to this. Still waiting for a damn One bundle, but something tells me some retailers will take it upon themselves to make a bundle. To bad I can't trade in my 360 towards it. What I mean by that is that I have so many arcade games, not to mention hundreds upon hundreds of songs for Rock Band and Guitar Hero and Dance Central that I can't justify selling it. It's a little sad that my biggest "get" for the One is a compilation series.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/29/6082657/halo-anniversary-collection-1080p-60-fps

Video released of Halo 2 Lockout. When I watched the video it brought me right back to playing the original in college. I am SO looking forward to this. Still waiting for a damn One bundle, but something tells me some retailers will take it upon themselves to make a bundle. To bad I can't trade in my 360 towards it. What I mean by that is that I have so many arcade games, not to mention hundreds upon hundreds of songs for Rock Band and Guitar Hero and Dance Central that I can't justify selling it. It's a little sad that my biggest "get" for the One is a compilation series.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/29/6082657/halo-anniversary-collection-1080p-60-fps

I'm pretty excited for this myself. This will probably be one of those rare day 1 purchases for me. I know I should wait for a discount because I will have plenty to play this fall but I don't think I will be able to.

Aside from that, it is a bit of a Catch-22 with multiplayer focused games like this, because if you wait TOO long then you get it and there's very few people playing. This will likely be Day 1 for me as well. Hopefully like I said they'll have a bundle so I don't have to buy them separate.

So the Xbox One was released in Japan. They got the expected turnout..

wTkiFi0.jpg

It probably doesn't cost them a ton of money to release the console in Japan when they are already making it for everyone else. I'm sure there were costs put into marketing and Japanese language support but probably not enough to justify not releasing there at all.

It's not just an issue about consoles vs mobile. Microsoft hasn't had a good footing in Japan EVER. They have gotten worse with each generation. For whatever reason they prefer Nintendo and Sony over Microsoft.

It's not just an issue about consoles vs mobile. Microsoft hasn't had a good footing in Japan EVER. They have gotten worse with each generation. For whatever reason they prefer Nintendo and Sony over Microsoft.
Games. Nintendo and Sony focus on games Japanese gameers want (RPG, Adventure, Visual Novels, etc...)
Microsoft focuses on games Japanese gamers don't care about (FPS, Sports).

Take a look at the PSN's Japanese games selection and you'll see it's a completely different focus than what is in the American selection.