XBOX One Owners Thread

I'll just let Unity Preload on my One. CoD:AW is entertaining me for the time being on my PS4.

Looks like we got 3 new people (counting me) with Ones. I say we all get MCC and then fire up some party games.

I bit as well. Picked up the AC bundle, no kinect, at Bestbuy today. Included a 12month xbox live card for free. Had a 10% off coupon, so $315 out the door. I have no desire to play either Assassin's Creed games. Anyone know if it's okay to post in the classified? Or would this fall under computer software. Going rate for the 2 digital download games on fleabay is ~$50.
If anyone is interested, PM me. I'd let them go for $45.

I would be interested in Unity but you can probably get more than I would be willing to pay for it. I will probably end up renting it from gamefly at some point.

I would be interested in Unity but you can probably get more than I would be willing to pay for it. I will probably end up renting it from gamefly at some point.
Let me know what you're thinking. I have it locally on Craigslist. I try to avoid selling things like this ( digital download codes ) on ebay.

Let me know what you're thinking. I have it locally on Craigslist. I try to avoid selling things like this ( digital download codes ) on ebay.

I'm typically a renter because I play too many games to pay full price for all of them. I know it's worth a lot more than this but I would only pay about $25. Like I said, you can do better elsewhere.

Figures.. just found out I have a late meeting tomorrow, which will keep me at work longer than expected. Of course for some demented reason I still haven't received my email shipping confirmation yet. I just hope that Fedex ships it out instead of UPS, since I've had stuff come from them as late as 7:15pm and typically don't get anything earlier than 6. What's most annoying is that even after I get the game I still need to wait on that 15GB download.

Figures.. just found out I have a late meeting tomorrow, which will keep me at work longer than expected. Of course for some demented reason I still haven't received my email shipping confirmation yet. I just hope that Fedex ships it out instead of UPS, since I've had stuff come from them as late as 7:15pm and typically don't get anything earlier than 6. What's most annoying is that even after I get the game I still need to wait on that 15GB download.

I've had similar things happen when preordering games from Amazon. I remember freaking out a bit when I preordered Halo 4 and hadn't received shipping confirmation as of the evening before. I was just about to call and complain when I recieved confirmation at around 6:00 or 7:00pm the day before launch.

For some reason they decided to wait until the day before and overnight it instead of sending it out a day or two earlier and saving some money with a slower shipping option. I wouldn't worry though. I used to preorder just about everything from Amazon because they would frequently give you a $20 credit towards your next game. I've never had one of my preorders from them not show up on release date no matter how late the shipping confirmation came.

Unfortunately, Amazon seems to use UPS for about 90% of my purchases (I buy a lot of stuff from them). Like you, UPS always comes after 5:00 or 6:00 in my area while Fed Ex is around 10:00am.

Edit: get that wife of yours to pop the disc in for you. Installation should start automatically once the disc is inserted without any button presses required. I think it will automatically install the patch that way too. Waiting for 60 GBs to install after getting home from work sounds like the perfect way to ruin your day.

So far, I haven't seen anyone but yourbeliefs chime in and say they are getting The Master Chief Collection. This is pretty surprising to me. I was also surprised to see the complete lack of Advanced Warfare discussion here since I remember that Sat Guys used to be pretty active in the COD games. Looking through old posts here makes me think that the gaming section used to be much more popular on this site than it is now. Now it just seems to be the same few of us posting all the time.

Anyways, I only have about another hour in the the office and then I get to go home and wait for MCC to unlock. I'll be jumping online around 12:01 to get my first taste of multiplayer. If anyone else here is crazy enough to play an hour or two at midnight on a work night feel free to join me. ETA for my first online game of MCC is about 8 hours. The excitement is starting to kick in.

I'm getting it King, but I've never played a Halo game before. I plan to work my way through the single player campaigns before jumping online. And honestly, work is so busy, I should really cancel my pre-order and wait until I have time to buy the game (likely at a discount).

Reactions: king3pj
I'm getting it King, but I've never played a Halo game before. I plan to work my way through the single player campaigns before jumping online. And honestly, work is so busy, I should really cancel my pre-order and wait until I have time to buy the game (likely at a discount).

I say keep it. Getting all 4 of the main line Halo campaigns plus over 100 multiplayer maps in their original form for $60 is already a great deal. I plan to run through all 4 campaigns myself. Halo 1 might be a little jarring though considering that it's a higher resolution version of an original Xbox game without too many other graphical changes. I've seen a bit of footage from Halo 1 and it doesn't look great by today's standards. Once you get past that one everything should look pretty decent though.

Halo 2 will be the real star since that one was fully updated to Xbox One standards for it's 10 year anniversary. Halo 3 and 4 should look pretty decent on their own since they were 360 games to start with. Everything is updated to 1080p/60fps so that bump should be enough to make those more modern games look pretty good.

I've had similar things happen when preordering games from Amazon. I remember freaking out a bit when I preordered Halo 4 and hadn't received shipping confirmation as of the evening before. I was just about to call and complain when I recieved confirmation at around 6:00 or 7:00pm the day before launch.

Edit: get that wife of yours to pop the disc in for you. Installation should start automatically once the disc is inserted without any button presses required. I think it will automatically install the patch that way too. Waiting for 60 GBs to install after getting home from work sounds like the perfect way to ruin your day.
:oldlaugh Sorry but when I read that bolded part I just openly started laughing.

I got the confirmation at about 4:45pm about it being shipped via UPS.

Quite frankly it doesn't matter even if I got home at like 3pm to get the game. The best I can do is install and get the patch. I won't be able to actually PLAY it until after 8 as I don't play games when my kids are up (it's a little hard to justify to the wife why you're not helping out with the 3 kids when said reason is "Halo Calls.")

In any case I also recently found a guy on Reddit that's putting together a list of gamers online that are available for adding into custom games. That would be pretty sweet if it all works out.

Reactions: king3pj

I have some first hand experience with this. I planned to play at midnight but I wasn't feeling well so I ended up going to bed around 8:00. Since I went to bed so early I work up a couple hours before my alarm and jumped into MCC. The first thing I tried to do was play the Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer playlist. I had to keep trying various playlists for over 10 minutes before I was matched with any other players. When I finally was it was only a 3 vs 3 match because matchmaking wasn't able to find us a full game. When the game ended it crashed me back to the main menu instead of keeping me in matchmaking with the people I just played with like it was supposed to. I went into matchmaking again and this time it was able to find me a match instantly, but again it was only able to find enough players for 3 vs 3. Again, the game popped me back to the main menu when the match ended instead of keeping me in matchmaking. I tried one more time and it was taking forever to find a match so I gave up and switched to campaign.

I'm not sure why matchmaking was in such bad shape. Say what you will about Activision but I haven't had a single hiccup with Advanced Warfare or Destiny online even on day one. If the middle of the night crowd was too much tonight is going to be much worse. I'm sure they won't hit their peak until people get home this evening. Hopefully they work out the kinks before then or it will be more campaign for me.

Some early impressions... First COD has ruined my Halo skills. I've gotten so used to enemies that die with a few bullets that I was having trouble taking people out in the 2 matches I got to play. It's been so long since I've played Halo that the controls felt completely unnatural to me too. Right click to aim down the scope instead of left trigger? Left trigger to throw a grenade instead of right bumper? Right bumper to melee instead of right click? The list goes on. Just about every modern first person shooter has controls very similar to COD but Halo took hold before COD took over the world so they have their own scheme. Luckily one of the control presets in the options changes things to a much more conventional setup. I switched between my first and second multiplayer match and I did much better.

I did a couple campaign missions from Halo 1. First the campaign looks much better than the Halo 1 map I played in multiplayer. The campaign was updated for 360 in the anniversary edition but the Halo 1 multiplayer maps are the original graphics bumped up to 1080p/60. The campaign still brought me back to the old days but with a nice graphics bump. You won't confuse this for an actual Xbox One game but it doesn't look bad.

I also didn't remember the game well enough to know where to go. The big warthog rescue mission had me confused a few times. I spent more time than I would have liked trying to figure out where the next dropship of soldiers was at. This game has no map and the vast majority of time there is no indicator of the correct direction. Overall, I'm still happy to be playing it again and I'm looking forward to playing all 4 campaigns.

I wanted to point out one major benefit for the Xbox One over the PS4. Suspend mode. This is something I first experienced on the PS Vita but the Xbox One is the first home system I've used that has it. When I was playing Ryse and Dead Rising 3 this feature wasn't working correctly and when I played Titanfall it didn't work because that game requires you to be online. I've been playing all my multiplatform games on PS4 or PC so I didn't really start to appreciate this feature until Sunset Overdrive and now I'm taking advantage of it for the MCC campaign.

Basically what suspend does is just save the game state when you put your system into sleep mode. You don't have to quit the game before you shut down. The next time you boot up your Xbox One and select the game from the home screen it will instantly throw you exactly where you were when you shut off your system. No booting into a title screen, no selecting your save file, no waiting for the level to load. You are just back to the exact moment of the game where you quit.

If the game or system takes an automatic update you lose your suspend state and have to start the game the old fashioned way but suspend works pretty well. Obviously, it doesn't work for games that require a server connection. This was a feature promised for the PS4 when it was announced and it's always been on the Vita. We are right at the 1 year mark for PS4 and suspend is still no where to be seen. I hope this feature is still on the way because it's really cool on the Xbox One.

Yeah I noticed that on the One. That's a pretty cool feature. I like the true "Sleep" functionality of the One, as opposed to the "Start from scratch" of the PS4. I'm still getting used to the "Windows 8" interface, and not having the Kinect isn't making navigation any easier.

One thing I have to say that I do NOT understand is the incredibly annoying "clicking" noise that the digital D pad makes. Seriously, it sounds like someone is doing a tap dance every time I touch it. Is that normal or will it go away over time?

Yeah I noticed that on the One. That's a pretty cool feature. I like the true "Sleep" functionality of the One, as opposed to the "Start from scratch" of the PS4. I'm still getting used to the "Windows 8" interface, and not having the Kinect isn't making navigation any easier.

One thing I have to say that I do NOT understand is the incredibly annoying "clicking" noise that the digital D pad makes. Seriously, it sounds like someone is doing a tap dance every time I touch it. Is that normal or will it go away over time?

I haven't noticed the clicking your are talking about but I rarely use my d-pad. I usually just use the analog sticks unless there is a specific function tied to the d-pad.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/11/dragon-age-inquisition-review

IGN's Dragon Age review is live. It scored an 8.8. I'm glad to see the positive review since Gamefly will (hopefully) be shipping me this game next week. One thing that stood out to me is that it took the reviewer 90 hours to reach the credits. He probably did a lot more side quests than I will but that's a crazy high number for one playthrough. This may be the first game I pay the used price and keep from Gamefly just so they will send something else out.

Nice, looking forward to the EA Access trial this week for Dragon Age. If I'm done with it COD is probably going back to trade for it. Not ruling out a digital purchase, it'll take me a year to put 90 hours into a game :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)