XBOX One Owners Thread

Reviews seem to be overwhelming positive for DA:I. Looks like Bioware is on top of their game again.

I got confirmation that my copy of MCC was delivered at about 12:11pm. At least I know I'm set with that.

I am a little worried though. I've had such a bad day so far in terms of this morning and work that I'm afraid that tonight is going to be such a big letdown, or something ELSE is going to go wrong.

Last edited:
I'm surprised to hear PS4 doesn't have a suspend mode yet. I was totally spoiled by the Vita and don't want to go back.

Nice to hear about the Dragon Age campaign length and positive reviews. My first Dragon Age II campaign took me over 70 hours I believe, but I was stopping to read every codex entry as it was my first DA game. The first retailer/console manufacturer to offer a DAI bundle this BF gets my $$.

I got home and tried to play MCC online and found out that it's even worse than it was this morning. It's taking even longer to find a match and when it does it crashes to a black screen when the game ends.

I also had the Xbox Dashboard tell me that friends were currently unavailable for the first half hour I tried to play. You always hear how much better Live is than PSN but they sure are having some major issues right now.

Have the game installing now. Will get the patch on soon afterwards. Hopefully I'll get at least ONE match tonight.
I'm getting some in now. It's just more work than it should be. The actual matches are a blast.

Edit: the worst part is having to go back to the main menu after every match to start the whole process over again.

Edit 2: I just had matchmaking automatically put us into another game when one ended for the first time since buying this game. Maybe things are finally coming together.

Last edited:
I'm getting some in now. It's just more work than it should be. The actual matches are a blast.

Edit: the worst part is having to go back to the main menu after every match to start the whole process over again.

Edit 2: I just had matchmaking automatically put us into another game when one ended for the first time since buying this game. Maybe things are finally coming together.
I'll be on after 8. Maybe we can join up and do some fun custom matches and bypass the matchmaking mess.

I'll be on after 8. Maybe we can join up and do some fun custom matches and bypass the matchmaking mess.

Sure. I only have one friend playing online right now though and I don't know if he will still be on. It might be tough to do custom matches unless you know some people.

So I got to try out MCC last night with King..

Sadly I have to confirm that multiplayer on MCC is horribly broken. It takes an insufferably long time to join a match. Any time that takes over 60 seconds is already a failure, and this can take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes. Also the only playlist that seems to work is the Team Slayer one, which for some reason does not have any matches with Halo 4. Not that I'm very disappointed as Halo 4 is by FAR my least favorite Halo multiplayer experience, but it seems like an awkward omission (although not as awkward as there being NO playlist for Halo: CE exclusively.) Also, there seems to be issues with balancing teams. I played about 5 matched games and NONE of them had even teams. Finally, when you're done with a match the game does this obnoxious thing where you get thrown back to the title screen, as opposed to simply staying with your team for another match.

Jeeze YB, do you have anything nice to say about the game, you might be saying. Actually, yes I do. For all the complaints I have listed here, I have to say that when the game works, it's a f*cking blast. Gameplay was smooth when matches actually went on, and the 60 frames per second upgrade really changes things up for the better. Also I was able to get a few custom matches in, which seem to run MUCH better than games done through matchmaking. I definitely have faith in 343 that these issues will be fixed, and they've even posted that they'll be releasing a major update this morning to try and fix these issues. Still, I'm not thrilled that 343 has undoubtedly released an unfinished product on the market. I would have preferred that they pushed the game back like 2 weeks to touch up this game in the Day 1 patch. There are other problems beyond just multiplayer matchmaking issues, and a more finished product would have been greatly appreciated. Still, this release is basically the reason I purchased a One, and I have faith that I won't find myself regretting this purchase. Also, it would be much enhanced with some more custom match players, *hint hint nudge nudge*

Last edited:
Yeah customs was fun but it would have been better if we could have gotten even 2 more Sat Guys on board. If anyone here wants to join up with us don't be shy. You also don't have to be really good at the game. After last night, yourbeliefs can tell you that I'm certainly not.

I'm glad to hear that the matchmaking patch will be installed before I get home from work today. Hopefully that means tonight will be a much smoother experience. Custom games are fun but I definitely don't want to scramble for people to play with every time I try to play this game.

I think the issue isn't that people are shy, but they still don't have the game. Years ago we'd have weekly Halo 3 and CoD matches, so I don't think there's any level of intimidation, but rather just people not having it. I expect things to really turn up after BF and Christmas.

Well it looks like whatever 343 did to fix matchmaking didn't work because it's still taking an insufferably long amount of time to connect to games. Hell I haven't been able to connect for about the past half hour. This is getting rather annoying.

Well it looks like whatever 343 did to fix matchmaking didn't work because it's still taking an insufferably long amount of time to connect to games. Hell I haven't been able to connect for about the past half hour. This is getting rather annoying.
Yeah. I tried for about 20 minutes without getting into a single match. For me that's worse than any point before then so it's clear that their update didn't work. I gave up and switched to campaign.

I also have 5 achievements that say they are 100% complete on their progress bar that haven't unlocked. It says "done! Unlocking...." for all of these achievements but it's said that since last night and they still haven't popped.

I tried out more of AC:U last night after giving up on Halo Multiplayer. I don't know if I'll delve into single player. Maybe I'll pick up on Halo 2 again. In any case apparently LATE last night they released another update. A number of people have said it has helped a lot, while others are saying that nothing has been fixed. I guess I'll find out tonight.

As far as AC:U goes, I was able to reproduce some glitches, in particular the glitch of NPCs standing on top of one another.

Well, along with all the online glitches I had my first campaign glitch last night (outside of my 5 achievements that still haven't unlocked). I was playing Halo 1 campaign since multiplayer was still not working and I wanted to play all 4 stories again anyways. When I finished mission 5 the game just skipped mission 6 and threw me into mission 7.

For those that don't know mission 6 is one of the bigger moments in the game. That is when the flood is introduced for the first time. It's also when you first meet Guilty Spark 343. I finished mission 5 and went straight into a cutscene with Guilty Spark 343 explaining things to me with no context for what he was talking about. Luckily I have already played this game several times and knew this wasn't right. I had to go to the mission select screen and manually select mission 6 to play it. If I wouldn't have caught it I would have missed the achievement for that mission as well as the one for beating all missions in Halo: CE.

Well, along with all the online glitches I had my first campaign glitch last night (outside of my 5 achievements that still haven't unlocked). I was playing Halo 1 campaign since multiplayer was still not working and I wanted to play all 4 stories again anyways. When I finished mission 5 the game just skipped mission 6 and threw me into mission 7.

For those that don't know mission 6 is one of the bigger moments in the game. That is when the flood is introduced for the first time. It's also when you first meet Guilty Spark 343. I finished mission 5 and went straight into a cutscene with Guilty Spark 343 explaining things to me with no context for what he was talking about. Luckily I have already played this game several times and knew this wasn't right. I had to go to the mission select screen and manually select mission 6 to play it. If I wouldn't have caught it I would have missed the achievement for that mission as well as the one for beating all missions in Halo: CE.
Jesus, Spoilers man!! :p
Anyways you're not the first one to have that issue. That's one of the more glaring, embarrassing issues to come up. I wonder if that one slipped by or if they were aware of it and said, "Screw it, we'll fix it later!"

Jesus, Spoilers man!! :p
Anyways you're not the first one to have that issue. That's one of the more glaring, embarrassing issues to come up. I wonder if that one slipped by or if they were aware of it and said, "Screw it, we'll fix it later!"

Ha, I actually thought about using a spoiler tag for a second. Then I decided I was probably safe on a 13 year old game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)