XBOX One Owners Thread

Does anyone know of a way to stream music to your console while a game is playing in full screen? Last night the best I could do was snap the media player and then stream music via Plex onto that. But if I ever put my game on full screen then the music stopped. All I know is that I had more fun playing Titanfall with Rush playing through my headset at the same time than I have in a while and I'd prefer to keep doing that without having the game screen get smaller.

No. Unfortunately that was a possible on the 360 but the Xbox One can't do it without the app being snapped. Hopefully when they upgrade to a Windows 10 style interface they will fix that problem.

Oh well. Luckily my TV is big enough that the size lost on the snap doesn't hurt my gameplay too much but that is annoying.

No. Unfortunately that was a possible on the 360 but the Xbox One can't do it without the app being snapped. Hopefully when they upgrade to a Windows 10 style interface they will fix that problem.

I just want them to give us back custom soundtracks like we had on the 360. I played a ton of WSOP poker games with my own music playing. I miss that capability on the XB1.

And they had Custom Soundtracks back on the original Xbox. One of the most awesome features of NFL2K5 was the ability to use selected music for various moments in the game, so I had stuff for kickoff, first downs, sacks, turnovers, tds, etc. Really upped the immersion factor.

I just want them to give us back custom soundtracks like we had on the 360. I played a ton of WSOP poker games with my own music playing. I miss that capability on the XB1.
Yeah me too. I miss the Poker game I had on the 360.

The WSOP poker game was the best, but the servers are being turned off in March. I guess it never took off as much as they thought it would, although I always had plenty of games available.... The XB1 could use a good community poker game. Hopefully someone will fill this void soon.....

You can sign up for the Fable Legends beta now. Don't know when the beta is supposed to start but you can sign up. Honestly I had no idea this game even existed until I saw this video.

Looks like it could be pretty cool if they can pull it off right. It'd be REALLY cool if they could make it local multiplayer by making the villain be controlled with a tablet or Windows PC.

https://www.fablelegends.com/

Games with Gold announced for March. Got some oldies but damn goodies. For Xbox One owners, the incredibly awesome Rayman Legends (which was one of my GOTY's from 2013) is available. For 360 owners, the first half of the month has the rebooted Tomb Raider, while the second half has Bioshock: Infinite.

http://news.xbox.com/2015/02/xbox-march-games-with-gold

All three of these are good ones this month. This is by far the best Games With Gold offering for Xbox One to this point. I do find it interesting that both Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite were also offered free on PS Plus a while back. This isn't the first time that overlap has happened. It's pretty clear that some publishers are way more open to the idea of being part of these programs than others.

You can sign up for the Fable Legends beta now. Don't know when the beta is supposed to start but you can sign up. Honestly I had no idea this game even existed until I saw this video.

Looks like it could be pretty cool if they can pull it off right. It'd be REALLY cool if they could make it local multiplayer by making the villain be controlled with a tablet or Windows PC.

https://www.fablelegends.com/

Looks like they're making this Free 2 play

As Extra Credits points out however, the deck is stacked pretty high against this game..

All three of these are good ones this month. This is by far the best Games With Gold offering for Xbox One to this point. I do find it interesting that both Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite were also offered free on PS Plus a while back. This isn't the first time that overlap has happened. It's pretty clear that some publishers are way more open to the idea of being part of these programs than others.

I learned the hard way not to buy an older game from Square Enix or 2K Games because of the likelihood it would be offered free for Plus members at some point. Ubisoft has been less generous, unfortunately, as I've only ever seen Rayman Legends (for Vita only) and Far Cry 2 (yes, 2) offered for free on the PS side. Here's hoping Legends comes to the PS4 now.

There are developers working on a Joe Montana game for an unknown developer/publisher. An anon 'leak' is what spilled the NFL licensing and platforms this morning. We'll see what comes of any of it.

The expectation until now by most was that it was some form of mobile game.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts