XBOX One Owners Thread

Also I'd STRONGLY suggest picking up Rayman: Legends. It's free until April 1st. It's honestly one of the best platforming games I've played.

Keep in mind that to get this and meStevo's deals you need to be a Gold member, which you probably are, but make sure you have that ready or else the games won't be free.

Honestly I haven't been using either of my current gen consoles as of late. I'll fire up the Master Chief Collection or Titanfall every once in a while, but that's about it. I'm trying to work through my backlog of games. Right now I'm focusing on the Saints Row Series with Saints Row 2 on my 360 and Gat Outta Hell on my PC.

Reactions: king3pj
What games are you/we playing? I picked up Metal Gear 5 since I love the series.

Since you seem to be into shooters I highly recommend Far Cry 4. I think it's a good starting point for next gen because it looks great, it's a ton of fun, and it's a big open world game with lots of stuff to do. On top of that it's currently on sale for $30.

Amazon product ASIN B00KAED7OC
By that same token, GTA V is a great choice if you didn't play it on previous gen consoles. They did a lot of work to make it a real current gen game and it was one of the best games of the last generation. That game is also on sale today for $40.

Amazon product ASIN B00KVSQAGO
One last recommendation is Rayman Legends if you have Xbox Live Gold. It was the free Game With Gold for March and today is the last day to get it for free. You haven't mentioned that you like platformers but it's a really good one if you do. Even if you don't it's free so there is no penalty for trying it out.

How about multiplayers? While I was trying to find my gametag last night... seems Ive been paying 10$ a month for LIVE since who knows howl long ?!?!? One thing I noticed, once logged in, my MS points seems to have been converted to cash. I had a balance of 64$ ?

How about multiplayers? I was going trying to find my gametag last night... seems Ive been paying 10$ a month for LIVE since who knows howl long ?!?!? One thing I noticed, my MS points seems to have been converted to cash. I had a balance of 64$ ?

The games I have had the most fun with for multiplayer are Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Titanfall, The Master Chief Collection, and Battlefield 4. Keep in mind that Battlefield Hardline just came out about a week ago so if you are thinking about Battlefield that would be the current game in the series. I haven't played that one myself though.

Edit: Yeah, they got off that stupid point system a while back. Also, get yourself a year subscription to live. I recently bought a year for $40 instead of the $120 per year you are paying. The monthly plan is a terrible deal.

How about multiplayers? I was going trying to find my gametag last night... seems Ive been paying 10$ a month for LIVE since who knows howl long ?!?!? One thing I noticed, my MS points seems to have been converted to cash. I had a balance of 64$ ?
Yeah they got rid of the stupid points system and did a straight cash conversion.

Far Cry 4 has multiplayer that people like, and so does GTA V, but quite frankly I found GTA V MP to be rather lacking. The game encourages you to be an a**hole, and not in a good way either.

Titanfall really grew on me, and all the DLC is now free. Granted, the community is MUCH smaller than it used to be, but I've had no real issues getting into matches.

Halo: Master Chief Collection is FINALLY in a stable state, so I can recommend that if you were into that series.

Then there's always the sports stuff if you're into that. And of course CoD always has a strong presence.

Might pick up Titanfall and COD this weekend (19$ and 49$ ca).

About the kinect sensor, anyone think there would be an issue connecting it to a 25ft USb extension? IE- all the AV equipment is in a corner unit w/ the wiring fished through the walls...including a USB line I ran for "future use".

Might pick up Titanfall and COD this weekend (19$ and 49$ ca).

About the kinect sensor, anyone think there would be an issue connecting it to a 25ft USb extension? IE- all the AV equipment is in a corner unit w/ the wiring fished through the walls...including a USB line I ran for "future use".

I can't remember because I haven't looked at the connector since I first set up my Xbox One but I think it uses a proprietary connection instead of USB. You might be able to buy something specifically designed for that purpose but I don't think a standard USB extension will work.

Site is blocked here, I'll check when I get home.

Currently, there is not an extension cable available for the Xbox One Kinect sensor. If the 9-foot cable that came with your sensor is not long enough, we recommend that you reconfigure your play space by moving the sensor and console closer together.

Note Do not try to modify the Kinect cable. This may create a safety hazard and affect the performance of the Kinect sensor and Xbox One console

Well....f*** a duck!

Am assuming the camera must be installed above or below the TV and can't be installed in the corner??
Well, it does it assuming you're in front of the TV, so if you do it in a corner you're going to have to look in said corner all the time. That being said, if you don't care about motion controls and just want to be able to yell "Xbox, Record!" then I would assume that you could put it anywhere.

Well....f*** a duck!

Am assuming the camera must be installed above or below the TV and can't be installed in the corner??

That would depend on whether you are actually going to use it for motion games. I've had my Xbox One for over a year and I only play one game that depends on the camera. I do, however, use the voice commands pretty much every day. If that's all you're using it for the corner would probably be fine.

Well, it does it assuming you're in front of the TV, so if you do it in a corner you're going to have to look in said corner all the time. That being said, if you don't care about motion controls and just want to be able to yell "Xbox, Record!" then I would assume that you could put it anywhere.

Ok this is like the third time today we have been posting essentially the same information at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)