XBOX One Owners Thread

The 9ft Kinect wire might be a deal breaker. Ive spent a lot of time making the wall bare of wires. :(

You could always just not use the kinect. The only functions mine ever serves are Xbox On, Xbox Pause, Xbox Play, Xbox Record That, and Xbox Off. I do have the Fantasia game but that is the only gaming related use I have for mine and it hasn't been played for months. It's unfortunate that you spent the extra $100 for the kinect bundle if you can't use it though. If you can't get them to exchange it for a kinectless bundle you can probably recoup a portion of that $100 by selling it.

I will say that I hooked my Tivo back up to the HDMI input on the Xbox One last week so I could snap baseball games to the side while I play games. When I first got the Xbox One I hooked my Hopper up that way but it lasted about 2 weeks because there wasn't enough added functionality to justify having to turn my Xbox on every time I wanted to watch TV. I will say that the voice support for tuning mainstream channels seems to work much better now. I've never once got Xbox Watch Fox Sports Detroit to work though. My kinect is used almost elusively for streaming video/cable tv control when I don't want to reach for the controller. I can definitively say that it's not essential unless you are into dance and fitness games though.

Edit: This goes for both consoles. I still haven't found a single use for the Playstation Camera I've had since day one. That one isn't even useful for media control or turning the PS4 on and off. I was looking at it over the weekend and wondering why I still had it attached to my TV.

Edit: This goes for both consoles. I still haven't found a single use for the Playstation Camera I've had since day one. That one isn't even useful for media control or turning the PS4 on and off. I was looking at it over the weekend and wondering why I still had it attached to my TV.

Same here, and I say that as someone who's into dance and fitness games and has two Move controllers. I haven't even bothered checking out The Playroom yet. I've tried using the limited voice commands, but I can't seem to turn it off that way.
At least in my case it came free with my bundle so I didn't actually pay anything extra for it.

Any channels that don't respond well to voice commands you can typically fix by adding them to your favorites. It defers to favorites first when searching for your request.

I remember trying that fix when I had my old hopper hooked up over a year ago. I can't remember what the results were. I'll give it a try tonight.

Whats the Freq/range of the controllers? On the other side of the wall is the wine cellar/room. Thought crossed my mind to install the Xbox there and the Kinect on top of the TV.

Whats the Freq/range of the controllers? On the other side of the wall is the wine cellar/room. Thought crossed my mind to install the Xbox there and the Kinect on top of the TV.

I don't know actual specs but if it's just on the other side of some drywall I think you will be fine. Something more dense might cause issues.

I know from personal experience that I can take my controller (and headset plugged into it) with me to go get another beer from the fridge and not lose my connection to party chat. The fridge is on a different floor and probably 30-40 feet away from my Xbox.

Any particular reason you would not install in the same room?

Any particular reason you would not install in the same room?

The wall is bare except for the 55" LED. the A/V equipment are on a corner shelf 10ft away. I spend enough time fishing everything including installing a power outlet and the TV....so the area is 100% clean and more importantly child proof.

When I bought the Xbox, i thought the Kinect used a USB cable.. so I planed to use an active extension

Reactions: Ronnie-
I don't know actual specs but if it's just on the other side of some drywall I think you will be fine. Something more dense might cause issues.

I know from personal experience that I can take my controller (and headset plugged into it) with me to go get another beer from the fridge and not lose my connection to party chat. The fridge is on a different floor and probably 30-40 feet away from my Xbox.

Its a concrete wall.

Installed... still getting use to it but so far its awesome! In the store I bought Titanfall...only complaint it the slow downloads. What shouldve taken 2 hours max took 9 hours. Going to hard wire it on the weekend.

...Wait, if you bought Titanfall, what is it downloading? All the DLC? Or was it just a redemption code?

Let me clarify... in the Xbox One "Store" I bought/downloaded Titanfall Deluxe. Titanfall itself was 19gigs. Unsure the size of theother 4 add-ons.

Let me clarify... in the Xbox One "Store" I bought/downloaded Titanfall Deluxe. Titanfall itself was 19gigs. Unsure the size of theother 4 add-ons.

Ahhhh... okay that makes sense.

Yeah the game will be 1 download and each DLC package will be it's own DL. According to my One, the entire game will be about 25 GB.

Mobile Gaming News/Discussion

Overwatch Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts