XBOX One Owners Thread

Recent survey asked if people would be interested in trading in digital games and used 10% of purchase price as a reference point. Comicly low $$-wise but would welcome the introduction of that feature, to be iterated and used for that and other promotions (trade in a sports game for x credit towards the next one, etc).

Just a FYI. If you happened to pick up the first season of Killer Instinct when it was a GwG release, it turns out you ALSO get a free copy of Killer Instinct Classic, which is an arcade perfect (or at least pretty damn close) port of the old arcade game. If you've never played it it's at least worth a look. It's clear the team put a lot of love into the port, as they actually have the "fixed' version and the "glitchy" version to choose from when you play. There are also media galleries and other nice touches. However, the game suffers from one big flaw: No in game moves list. In this day and age that's quite an oversight. Of course one can easily find the moves online but it's just a weird omission nowadays seeing as now EVERY fighting game has them, and KI's moves and combos are different from other games, so you really have to "learn" them and not just use special move motions/combos from other fighting games if you want to stand a chance.

Just thought I'd let everyone know. I was unaware about this until today when I looked through my non-installed games list on my One.

Oh, and of course they removed ALL references to Nintendo in this port. The game was (falsely) advertised as running on the same hardware as the upcoming Nintendo 64 (then known as the Ultra 64) and would say so on the attract movies of the game. In actuality the game ran on completely different hardware and never came out for N64, with the sequel being ported instead as the N64 was delayed.

Left 4 Dead 2 is also on BC.

This was one of my favorite 360 games and it's a great addition to the BC list. I remember seeing it near the top of the most requested list. It wasn't getting the same level of votes as Red Dead Redemption but it was a highly requested game.

I'm wondering if I still have my 360 copy of L4D. I know I bought all the DLC but I didn't own the game digitally. I actually saw a friend playing this game over the weekend and it made me check the BC list even though I already have the PC version on Steam.

Edit: they seem to have picked up the pace on BC releases again.

Remember how early on Microsoft touted that the One could also be turned into a Dev machine, meaning ANYONE could develop on it? Yeah, still no word on when that's going to happen (read: It's NEVER going to happen.)
http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/1/111...-update-on-retail-xbox-ones-becoming-dev-kits
Well, I guess I'm eating my words today: Anyone can turn their One into a Dev machine starting this summer (with a FEW caveats and requirements.)

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/30/11318568/xbox-one-dev-kit

The review embargo on Quantum Break is over. Generally it seems to be quite positive. The general consensus seems to be that the game isn't exactly the world changing experience that Remedy was aiming for, but it's still original and creative nonetheless. I look forward to my copy arriving next week.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4cubue/quantum_break_review_thread/

I'm looking forward to it too. The only problem is that I was just starting to get into Dark Souls and I'm not sure that is the kind of game that will be easy to come back to after not playing it for a couple weeks.

Well the game is supposed to only be about 10 hours, so I can't imagine it'll take much more than a week to get through it unless you decide to do 2 playthroughs.

Unlike The Order it sounds like they've given you a reason to play it more than once at least. Interested in how nice it can look on PC.

Preordered it for the cross-buy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

10 hours sounds good to me. I definitely don't mind shorter games from time to time. It feels like everything else I'm trying to play right now requires a 50-75 hour commitment.

10 hours sounds good to me. I definitely don't mind shorter games from time to time. It feels like everything else I'm trying to play right now requires a 50-75 hour commitment.

Then you shouldn't mind Resident Evil 5. That's rather short.

Looks like Gears 4 is continuing the tradition of the original trilogy of using unique cover songs as their "theme song"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)