XBOX One Owners Thread

The August Lineup for Games with Gold is pretty damn solid. WWE 2K16 and Beyond Good & Evil HD are the highlights IMO. And it looks like Warriors Orochi 3 is basically Koei's version of a Smash Bros (meaning different characters from different franchises) mixed into a Dynasty Warriors style of game. I'd be excited about Spelunky except that I think I have about 5 copies of it thanks to Humble Bundles.

The August Lineup for Games with Gold is pretty damn solid. WWE 2K16 and Beyond Good & Evil HD are the highlights IMO. And it looks like Warriors Orochi 3 is basically Koei's version of a Smash Bros (meaning different characters from different franchises) mixed into a Dynasty Warriors style of game. I'd be excited about Spelunky except that I think I have about 5 copies of it thanks to Humble Bundles.

Maybe I'll finally check out Beyond Good and Evil and see what the hype is all about. The rest of the games don't interest me much. Spelunky is cool, but I also own it on several different platforms. I hadn't heard of the Warriors Orochi series until a couple months ago. One of my good friends loves the Dynasty Warriors games and has about 75 hours into Warriors Orochi 3 over the last couple months though. WWE 2K16 is a nice offering for Games with Gold but since I don't care about wrestling It's the game of these 4 I'm least likely to play.

I'm kinda psyched about WWE 2K16 coming since I ended up selling it a while back to get Overwatch cheap. I only played the single player story mode when I had it so I'm interested to maybe go back and do a career.

More information for developers to deploy UWP apps soon also. A limited selection going live w/ the update.

Cortana has gotten better and better over the different revisions. We had disabled her for a bit, but think we're going to stick with her at this point.

One Summer Update is finally rolling out. Cortana support and FINALLY background music support is being rolled out via multiple apps. If they don't support Plex or media player eventually I'm going to be pissed.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/07/30/xbo...olling/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I would like to see Amazon Music or Spotify added. I stopped buying music quite a long time ago as streaming music services became more mainstream.

About 6 years ago when Amazon introduced their cloud music service I got an offer as a Prime member to upload my entire music library for streaming playback from anywhere. All the songs I own are streamable on my PC or phone without taking up precious space on my SSDs. Not only that but their Prime music library is actually pretty solid. I stopped using Spotify Premium and switched to Amazon Music when I found out that I basically had the exact same thing included in my Prime membership. Plus the Pandora style radio feature works much better on Amazon Music than it does on Spotify when I want to listen to something new.

The only downside is that the PS4 and Xbox One are pretty locked down in terms of music apps. I would love to be able to use Amazon Music in the background while I play on my consoles like I do when I play on PC.

As far as I know the only music service available on the PS4 is Spotify and it works well enough for background music playback. The Xbox One doesn't even have that even though the 360 had quite a few streaming music services available. Last I checked the Xbox One only had support for Microsoft's Groove music service. It's good to see that other options are coming soon but still no mention of Spotify or Amazon Music.

I'd like to see Google Music, that's a tough sell since there are no apps other than Android for it I believe.

Spotify won't be coming anytime soon due to Sony exclusivity :(

I didn't know that Sony and Spotify were involved with each other but I guess it makes sense considering that they are the only music app on the PS4. Spotify definitely used to be on the 360 though. That's how I was first introduced to Spotify.

Digital Foundry is reporting that the new Xbox One S gives a few games some minor, but noticeable performance gains.

So I just tried in home streaming from my Xbox One to my PC via the Xbox app in Windows 10. I was playing Red Dead Redemption through backwards compatibility. While the game played fine with zero noticeable lag there was a ton of visible compression artifacts. It was bad enough to be distracting. The ugly compression blocks were especially noticeable in the sky.

I double checked and in home streaming is set to the highest quality. My Xbox One and PC are both hard wired with gigabit ethernet. You can't get a much more ideal setup than that. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether quality would have been better if I was playing a native Xbox One game instead of a backwards compatible title. All I know is that it looks much better directly on my TV than it does through in home streaming.

For comparison, I also have a Steam Link and occasionally stream the opposite direction from my PC to my TV in the living room. With that setup I haven't seen any of the the compression problems I saw from the Xbox.

I guess I should point out that I'm also in the Xbox Preview Program so the version of the Xbox OS I'm running might have problems that the main release doesn't.

On September 14th Microsoft will release a "Timeless Collector's Edition" of Quantum Break for the One, and on that same day will be releasing the PC version of Steam.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/08/10/special-edition-quantum-break-hitting-retail-and-steam-september-14/

I didn't have a huge problem with the Windows 10 store but it's nice to know that those Microsoft published games can be part of Steam sales and sold by third party sites like Humble Bundle in the future. I'm guessing that the Windows 10 store getting a timed exclusive like Quantum Break did will be the norm for future games though. At least they are starting the pricing at $40 instead of trying to get $60 several months after release.

I still see myself buying from the Windows 10 store for play anywhere titles so I also get the Xbox One version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)