Xbox360 HDMI audio question

tawhite

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 24, 2005
The Sunshine State
So, I just swapped out my old Premium console for a newer HDMI equipped unit to get 1080p output to my TV. I used to send audio to my sound system via optical. Apparently it is either/or with the two connectors(AV/HDMI) on the 360.

How are you guys routing your audio? Of course, my receiver is pre-HDMI so that is not an option.

With the 360 Elite that I brought last month, there was a cable(about a foot long) that plugged into the av out port on the 360. On the other end of this cable there is a stereo audio out and a digital optical audio out. I am currently using the digital optical audio out on this cable to connect my 360 to my stereo receiver and use the hdmi connection on the 360 at the same time. I just looked at bestbuy online and they sell the cable for $50 dollars, but an hdmi cable also comes in the package. Here is a link. Microsoft - HDMI HD A/V Cable for Xbox 360 - 9Z3-00001 Check on line and you could find this cable cheaper.

HDMI Video, Optical audio for me.
If you got a newer model, then that component that was linked to should have been included, unless that was only included with the Elite versions..

New receiver would be nice but not in the budget right now.

The console I bought was a console only, no accessories at all. I picked up the cable I need off Ebay for $15 with shipping so I'll be good to go. Will do HDMI video with optical audio with the new set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts