Xenforo Upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was dreading the move to the new version of XenForo, but thank you, Scott, for doing the best job with your tweaks and add-ons! SatelliteGuys is more user-friendly than the others, and that's on you. Excellent job!

(at first I was missing the Indent buttons, but I see they are on the List drop-down menu. I was typing them in until I stumbled across that!)

I was dreading the move to the new version of XenForo, but thank you, Scott, for doing the best job with your tweaks and add-ons! SatelliteGuys is more user-friendly than the others, and that's on you. Excellent job!

(at first I was missing the Indent buttons, but I see they are on the List drop-down menu. I was typing them in until I stumbled across that!)
Its been a little learning curb but the move wasn't as bad as I feared it would be.

Let's be honest... a big reason it took this long to move over was because I was afraid to move us over. I am like you guys and I don't like change. But we got to the point where things needed to operate the site would stop working so I had to... even though I didn't want to.

I am still learning stuff about this software and I am sure you guys are too. I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. :D

The software seems to be carving out room for an ad that it doesn't place:
1574260293558.png

• Sad
Reactions: charlesrshell
One thing I noticed, when posting a reply I'm not seeing the checkbox asking if I want to receive email notifications for that thread.

Those are universal settings. I'm talking about the checkbox option of disabling email notifications for the single thread being posted to.

Ok I'm not going to go thru the whole bunch of posts so it used to be that you could mark each thread as read separately but now the only way is to mark all threads as read. Is this going to be changed or is this the way it's going to be from now on.:coco

Ok I'm not going to go thru the whole bunch of posts so it used to be that you could mark each thread as read separately but now the only way is to mark all threads as read. Is this going to be changed or is this the way it's going to be from now on.:coco

I believe the menu item that says "Mark all forums read", really means "Mark this forum read." I am unaware of any way, then or now, to mark just a single thread "read'". That would be equivalent to selecting the last post in that thread. Maybe.

I moved the sitebar to the left side... where it was before this all started...

However I am not sure if I like it there or back on the right. What are your thoughts?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am not sure what all has changed, but I am sure of my impressions...

I am having problems with the visuals. Maybe a bit more contrast? It seems harder for my eyes and brain to scan through it.

When I am in an actual thread reading the posts it seems fine, but when I am looking in forums and topic posts it seems more ran together and a little less contrast than before? Are there screenshots from before or a way I can see the old in order to figure out exactly what is bothering me visually?

I know that the minimalistic white backgrounds annoy me. Harder on the eyes, I prefer the light-colored backgrounds with dark or black text. (Example - when editing this post it goes to a very light blue background - much easier on the eyes in my opinion, but once "saved" reverts back to the white, minimalist.)

As someone said a page or two prior - I would love a "classic skin" if that could be accomplished.