XFinity in Chicago

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

poops

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
I'm contemplating switching from Dish to Comcast's XFinity product. I've been a long time subscriber of Dish and would just like to move on. Their service has been increasingly spotty over the last year.

XFinity's TV, phone, and internet bundle looks interesting. However, before I make a switch, I'm wondering if anyone in the Chicago area has Comcast's XFinity service. If so, how has the service been. Positives... negatives...

Thanks in advance.

I recently dumped U-verse and went to Comcast. First off, sharper HD PQ. They have MLB Network and NBA TV which U-verse didn't have. VOD library is more than any other provider. I had dumped DISH back in 08 for U-verse. Terrible customer service, the sd channels were almost unwatchable, hd not as good as Comcast by far. Internet on Comcast & U-verse very good,. Also U=verse only has 2 hd streams . The advertize recording 4 shows at once, however only 2 can be hd and then while they are recording you can't watch any hd channels.

Paja... Thanks for your response.

How is the DVR that Comcast provides? Do you have the Triple Play product (phone, tv, internet) or just tv?

Paja... Thanks for your response.

How is the DVR that Comcast provides? Do you have the Triple Play product (phone, tv, internet) or just tv?

I've used it to set up recording some the faves I had been with U-verse. No problems at for me. Rather easy. I got the triple play. When I left U-verse I was paying 228 a month. Had their tv. inertrnet, phone with top tv package. Now at Comcast I'm at 179 and it won't change for two years. I took the option(no I-Touch) so I have no contract. Definitely better HD PQ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)