Xfinity is flagging Satellite Guys as a questionable site

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I called. They said I won't get the message any longer. The customer rep said it was because the site streams data and it was possibly to prevent the account from exceeding my data limit. Strange since Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon worked without any pop ups. When I pointed this out the rep. hung up.

Maybe satelliteguys.us is the first place you visit each day?

I wonder where they get the idea that there is any streaming content homed here? Do they show movies or games in The Pub?

Netflix, Amazon and Hulu probably have contracts with Comcast to get paid priority status with respect to streaming video so maybe that's why you don't get nagged there.

You should probably check your bandwidth usage so you can be certain that Comcast is blowing smoke:

XFINITY | My Account | EcoBill® Online Bill Pay

(The link is supposed to take you to your usage meter after you log in)

I wonder where they get the idea that there is any streaming content homed here? Do they show movies or games in The Pub?

Netflix, Amazon and Hulu probably have contracts with Comcast to get paid priority status with respect to streaming video so maybe that's why you don't get nagged there.

You should probably check your bandwidth usage so you can be certain that Comcast is blowing smoke:

Definitely never the first site. I've always gotten a warning message in the past when monthly data usage reaches 90% and 100%. After 100% there is an additional fee billed for each 50G.

Probably just one of many helpdesk CSR "BS" responses in that CSR's memory that they give out when not positive what really caused the issue, just to get the end-user off the phone quickly.

Probably just one of many helpdesk CSR "BS" responses in that CSR's memory that they give out when not positive what really caused the issue, just to get the end-user off the phone quickly.
That would be my guess as well. I enjoy the performance boost after switching from AT&T DSL. It was a chore getting them to show up for the connect. It took multiple calls and hours on hold. I still get an error anytime I go to the web site and click on the my account tab after four months and untold phone calls. There is a reason Comcast has the reputation they have for customer service.

Wasn't intended as an insult, just being factual. I'm a long time user\fan of the site. It has been a great resource for FTA education.
Oh just joking around with you! :D

Reactions: beavs2112
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)