Xfinity's 'Economy' Package

vcr1980

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 4, 2018
Anyone have any experience with Xfinity's 'budget friendly' Economy package?

They told me it costs 39.95 with a standard definition box.
I think that is all I would get.

I won't pay 10 bucks more for HD and I won't pay yet another 10 more bucks more for DVR.

The channels are not bad including:
AE
AMC
CNN
Comedy Central
E!
Fox Business
Fox News
FXX
Hallmark
Hallmark Mystery
History
Lifetime
and all locals.

Anyone have any experience with Xfinity's 'budget friendly' Economy package?

They told me it costs 39.95 with a standard definition box.
I think that is all I would get.

I won't pay 10 bucks more for HD and I won't pay yet another 10 more bucks more for DVR.

The channels are not bad including:
AE
AMC
CNN
Comedy Central
E!
Fox Business
Fox News
FXX
Hallmark
Hallmark Mystery
History
Lifetime
and all locals.

Comcast Xfinity has an internet app that you might be able to get that package through.
If you could the stream would most likely be in HD,I have also heard there are some Samsung TV's with the Xfinity app builtin.
Comcast also has an excellent On Demand which most of the times that eliminates the need for a DVR.Good Luck!

It looks good on the surface but when you get your bill, there will be add-ons. Local channels command an additional fee (up to $8) as well as local franchise fees and/or taxes. If you choose a package that offers sports channels, there's another fee there (up to $6.50). All in, you could be looking at upwards of $52/month for what they advertise as a $39.95 plan and that still doesn't include HD! You also need a DTA (cable box) for the conventional cable offering but that may be included in the price (but you'll have to figure out how to integrate it in your system).

If you go with an Internet-only package, you may be able to get around the franchise fees. Note that the Internet-only TV plan traffic counts towards your monthly Internet usage!

Finally, the promotions almost always bring some manner of 12 or 24 month commitment with them so you'll be stuck for at least a year unless you move to some place that isn't served by Comcast.

If they won't tell you exactly how much your bill is going to be, walk away.

Reactions: andy_horton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts