XM and Sirius to Merge?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I dont see the merger happening since the Dish and Direct merger was not allowed. They would consider this a monopoly. Ain't gonna happen.

While I don't beleive the merger is happening, trusting the statement of the CEO is foolish. The absolute worst thing either company could do is allow rumors of a merger to persist, even if they were true. Allowing these rumors can freeze the market, with customers not knowing which product line will end up "winning" after the merger, and which will be phased out. It also throws investors into a tizzy.

Believing statements like this from a CEO is like believing everything a politician says.

Yep, here in Birmingham a former local bank had rumors floating around it that they were moving to Atlanta. "No, we plan to be based in Birmingham for the long haul". A month or two later and they were merging with Wachovia and moved all the operations to North Carolina.

I totally agree with the possibility of deceptive rumors being purposely started!! I used to work for Gateway Country and you wouldn't believe all the different rumors that were flying around when we were being "phased out". If they merge, one group of managers and execs will be out of work, so they have no reason to tell the truth to anyone until after they pull the trigger IF there is actually a trigger to pull.
I love the thought of the programming possibilities a merge would offer, but I wouldn't place any side bets on this one. Just wait till the dust settles.
As for CEO statements, unless they are in court don't trust them (sometimes, not even then!)

merger

I don't think I like the idea of them merging. I like competition... I like the possibility of them lowering their rates to keep customers. If they merge, they can do what ever they want.....

Sure it would be convenient for a lot of us. But long term, is it what's best for the consumers?????

No Good Will Come of It

Are they Sirius?? (Couldn't help that...won't happen again.)

My only concern is that when two competitors team up, the downward pressure on prices tends to ease considerably. I'd hate to see what's happening to cable TV happen to satellite radio -- more channels and greater prices when most people want fewer channels and a cheaper price. Out of all the channels on XM, I only regularly listen to about four.

I don't see any good coming from such a merger. Both cable and satellite have shown no tendancy at all in letting consumers choose from a reduced service, and that bothers me.

Confed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)