XM Sirius Announces "Best Of" Packages to be available 10/6

Be patient people. I am sure they are working on expanding the bandwidth issues so Sirius and XM customers will be able to get all the channels eventually. Jason thanks for the heads up. I am looking forward to adding the sports package so I can get the NFL and NBA.

I love to read what everyone is saying . . . don't you think Mel Karmazin and others are starting to roll things out and seeing what reactions will be?

They are not 100% sure what will attract people and what will not; this is the first thing out of the gate and in my opinion, for them to do this so soon shows their commitment to the customer and things can only get better from here! I am more confident in spending my money with Karmazin then some other people that do not even have interesting "chats" anymore :)

well count me in as one who will likely drop Sirius and get XM, as all the channels I enjoy from Sirius (not that the music channels aren't bad on sirius) are on the list of the best of sirius pack. but the music chanels are pretty close I'd say between the two. besides i can get all four sports on my radio plus my Fighting Illini games too.

Why? - XM doesn't have Out Q, Indie Talk or Sirius Stars. That's about all I listen to when not listening to music. I'd go to Terrestrial Radio before having XM only as they don't come close to meeting my needs.

Yep...that is the biggest point through all of this. If you are an XM sub right now, for 4 bucks a mth more than you are paying now, you will get NFL and Howard and the NBA. If those ch's don't matter at all to you, then it isn't worth it. If I was sitting as an XM sub right now, I would be very happy. As a Sirius lifetime sub, I am not happy at all. First off, I am pretty sure we had the NBA already and all I ever wanted from the XM side of things is baseball. I feel baseball is a huge get for XM because the season is long and they play everyday. When I am driving down the Florida or anywhere during the summer, I would like to have the option of listening to a baseball game. I really don't listen to the football at all because I am not in my car much on Sunday and I prefer watching the game.
I just can't see them making much money on the Sirius side with this kind of package. It really is an insult to Sirius subs. Even though the baseball season is over, they could still offer the baseball to the Sirius customers for the 2009 season.

Bottom line....If you are a Sirius sub that wants everything...cancel your sub and move over to XM and activate as a new sub with the Best of Sirius as an option. Then you get all sports and Howard and everything else XM has to offer. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Sirius subs that are lifetime like me have the ass end on this one. Question is....why would anyone activate as a Sirius sub when these packages go into effect? XM has just about everything.

I currently subscribe to both services right now just for the NFL, Radio Margaritaville, and maybe Playboy every now and then.....

I can live with out Buffett (I've got it on E* at home), so it would be worth it to me to drop the Sirius subscription and just pay the $4 extra....

One note..... does this add $4 to every receiver on my account, or can I add it just to one radio (or better yet, does $4 add it to all my accounts?)? I've got 5 radios active,so it might wind up being no bargain if it costs me $20...

As an XM subscriber I am very happy about this.

Now I can get Howard in addition to O&A. Also, NFL Football, and Playboy. Not a problem at all with the additonal $4 bux.

Music wise, i'm happy with XM's music. Dont need anything additional. Pretty happy with Boneyard, Squiz, and XMLM.

I can see a lot of people subscribing to the best of Sirius on XM, however I can't see too many subscribing to the best of XM on Sirius.

With XM you get basically all the sports, including MLB and NFL.

Not too shabby.

Hoping some howard listeners will give O&A (The Virus) a fair shot. I really believe at this point, O&A provide a fresher show. I'm exicited that I can now listen to one show on the way in, the other on the way home. And if one is doing a bad bit, there's another option. I was skeptical of this merger, but my 40min drives to/from work are going to be a lot more tolerable.

Hoping some howard listeners will give O&A (The Virus) a fair shot. I really believe at this point, O&A provide a fresher show. I'm exicited that I can now listen to one show on the way in, the other on the way home. And if one is doing a bad bit, there's another option. I was skeptical of this merger, but my 40min drives to/from work are going to be a lot more tolerable.

I don't know if you've heard Bubba the Love Sponge or not, but if you haven't, I think you would like it better than O&A. I never heard him until I subscribed to Sirus. I now enjoy him more than Howard.

Still any word if this $4 a month is per receiver or per account? Can you add them on one receiver and not the others?

Can't imagine bandwidth wise you will be able to get all the NFL games on XM, maybe what they mean is now the national feed will be carried like the westwood one doubleheader, etc. I hope it's true as Sirius blows in terms of reception with their home units. It's so spotty and bad I finally just gave up and turned it off, and believe me I did not want too.

I don't know if you've heard Bubba the Love Sponge or not, but if you haven't, I think you would like it better than O&A. I never heard him until I subscribed to Sirus. I now enjoy him more than Howard.
I will agree with smokey about Bubba the Love Sponge. I used to listen to his show when he was broadcasting out of Tampa before he was kicked off the radio. He had some good stuff including a stunt where he had a girl masturbating on his show. That was just one of the reasons he was kicked off FM radio.

Can't imagine bandwidth wise you will be able to get all the NFL games on XM, maybe what they mean is now the national feed will be carried like the westwood one doubleheader, etc. I hope it's true as Sirius blows in terms of reception with their home units. It's so spotty and bad I finally just gave up and turned it off, and believe me I did not want too.

What XM will do is turn off some stations during games. They already do this for college football.

I can see a lot of people subscribing to the best of Sirius on XM, however I can't see too many subscribing to the best of XM on Sirius.

With XM you get basically all the sports, including MLB and NFL.

Not too shabby.

Has anyone even "considered" the fact that the baseball season will be in the playoffs(Divisional Round by 10/6 probably), and that the season is "essentially" over anyway?

So why bother adding it to the list(Best of XM on Sirius) if the season is done?

I cannot understand why people appear to be "jumping the gun" and saying, " Well, I will just go out and buy an XM unit since I will be able to get all the sports..."

How much to people wish to wager that MLB will be part of the package($16.99/month) for the "Best of XM on Sirius" come next March?

We will see, of course, but I am betting that it will be, and you WON'T have to go out and buy one of the "new" radios in order to get it.

A current one from Sirius will work just fine.

I am gambling/leaning towards that belief.

Come April, if I am wrong, then I am wrong.

But I don't think that the new company would offer it's "Best" to only the XM customers, while giving the finger to the Sirius customers.

MLB is one of the main things that Sirius people wanted, just like the NFL and Howard Stern, are the main things XM people wanted.

Trust me, Sirius customers will not be left out in the cold.

They just didn't list it because it is pointless now to do so.

You want to pay an additional $4/month for 6 months until there is a meaningful game on?

It will be in there in March '09. Just wait and see.

It still is a marketing blunder......

Without the baseball mention the only hook is O & A and Oprah (yawn)...

BTW.... Did they specifically mention the NFL games being available or just the NFL channel? We are all assuming the live games would be included.... Any hard confirmation anywhere?

Lets see Oprah is on her XM channel for a total of 30 minutes a week. I guess that makes it an Oprah channel. :)

As far as MLB goes, I have heard from friends at XM that they cant offer it to Sirius because of a contract issue with MLB. If that is true this would explain why they are not having MLB Homeplate as part of the package.

As far as MLB goes, I have heard from friends at XM that they cant offer it to Sirius because of a contract issue with MLB. If that is true this would explain why they are not having MLB Homeplate as part of the package.

Boy Scott, if that is the case, just chalk it up to ANOTHER STUPID MOVE by MLB and it's executives.

Christ, do these morons ever learn.

Football, the NBA, and even the NHL, continue to make moves to expand their fanbase(not too mention NASCAR), while it seems MLB just continues to shoot itself in the foot with too many restrictions.

MLB is "made" for radio, so even someone with an IQ of 70 would realize that maybe it should be made available to all of the satellite customers.

Oh, well. I will still take a wait and see attitude towards it.

But it will be a real shame if it is not offered to Sirius subs come next April.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts