XM Sirius Announces "Best Of" Packages to be available 10/6

I just activated Sirius in my Jeep last month. Any thoughts on how this would work since I still have 11 more months for free. I would really like to have NHL but I don't think I need it for $4/month

NFL is so overpriced everywhere. Even on Directv and Dish Net, Now even on sat radio.
Just not worth it IMO. I think sat radio would do better getting rid of the sports, talk, Martha stuart crap, BBC, news etc, and concentrate their limited bandwidth on the music part of it easing the compression artifacts you hear in the stream. Actually make it "CD quality".

NFL is so overpriced everywhere. Even on Directv and Dish Net, Now even on sat radio.
Just not worth it IMO. I think sat radio would do better getting rid of the sports, talk, Martha stuart crap, BBC, news etc, and concentrate their limited bandwidth on the music part of it easing the compression artifacts you hear in the stream. Actually make it "CD quality".
Do you think people are going to pay for a music only subscription service in this day and age of MP3 players and car entertainment systems, as well as free radio?

If you did that I would dump my radio in a heartbeat. 90% of what I listen to is talk and sports.

I would like to thank Volvo and Sirius for selling me a $700 Sirius unit in March that is not compatible with the best of XM programming on Sirius.

Thanks for that guys really appreciate it. :mad:

Really? Not compatible. Dont understand why that would be. Had no problem with my Inno.
I don't remember where I read it, but I remember Mel said that unfortunately the vehicle OEM market is going to be slower to get compatible radios.
You could see if all you need is a new "brain" for your car. They may release it in that method. That's the thing that does all the work anyways.

The only thing you will be able to do anytime soon is subscribe to the Best of Sirius and Best of XM packages.
My next purchase is going to be their XM/Sirius radio that will get everything from both. At least my Starmate 4 can get the Best Of XM package for the time being. I wonder if my dad's old Starmate Replay (released pre-FCC recall) can get it.

Call customer service. There have been issues with the website today.

Yeah I called them and they said its not available for your radio. And to call Volvo. I call volvo who tells me to call my service manager and he is like WTF am I supposed to do?

wow. what they did isn't complex. the signal is coming from xm's bird...just like adding any channel. i'd definitely complain to the manufacturer of the radio, although I don't know what good it will do.

No kidding I don't see how this is any different then them just adding channels but WTF do I know. I am so pissed about this its not even funny. I really didnt even want Sirius we wanted XM just to get Opie and Anthony, however thats not an option with Volvo and unlike every other car in America there is no unit that allows you to play XM on the Volvo headunit. And the wife didnt want a plug and play radio installed in the car.

So on the basis of the Best of XM packages we decided to get Sirius and when the Best of XM came out we were hoping Opie and Anthony would be on there. They are but it looks like I blew $700 on nothing.

The XM website is screwed up too... Trying to add Best of Sirius and get more details but I keep getting a broken link message and a wishy washy "um, we moved some pages around" error message.....

I've been getting the same errors on the XM website all day. You'd think they would have tested the functionality in a QA environment before trying to roll it out live.

This is why the official release date is the 6th. :)

I got on this morning and the webste was working, I have 5 radios and wanted to add sirius to my XM and it wasnt to charge me $16.95 a month for each of my radios. I have the other radios on friends and family and that was not an option on thier website. I just wanted to pay $4 a month extra for each radio not full price plus $4 for each of the radios.

What are you guys talking about, I was just on X M

site and I don't see any option to add best of Sirius or even that it's available yet. AM I missing something? I even talked to them today about another issue and asked and they said call baqck at the end of the week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts